Chapter 2: The beginning of an family journey

The following day, Kenny was woken up by Meowth jumping on the bed and rubbing his tail against his face. 

"Ugh, Meowth, get off," Kenny groaned, pushing Meowth off of him. 

Meowth then laughed, jumping off the bed."Come on, kiddo, it's time to get on up," He said, pawing at Kenny's face. 

"Alright, I'm getting up. Knock it off," Kenny groaned as he sat up in bed."So stop pawing my face."

"Good kiddo Jess made breakfast," Meowth said, jumping down from the bed and running out of Kenny's bedroom.

'I better get ready for breakfast.' Kenny thought, getting out of bed with a yawn as he stretched his arms.

Kenny walked towards the bathroom to get dressed and ready for the day before joining his older sister and Meowth for breakfast before setting out for his first pokemon journey.

Soon Kenny walked outside of the bathroom fifteen minutes wearing a green sleeveless shirt with a purple and black jacket unzipped and black sweatpants.

"Now to see what big sis made for breakfast today," He said leaving his bedroom to join his only remaining family for breakfast.

~~~

Kenny walked downstairs and into the kitchen to see Meowth at the table scarfing down a berry-filled sandwich with whipped cream.

"Seriously need manners eat properly and slowly," Jessie muttered in annoyance."Good morning My Light," She greeted glancing over at her little brother.

"Good morning big sister looks delicious," Kenny said walking over to the table and taking a seat across from Meowth.

"So you're awake my friend," Raven said teleporting in front of a white bowl of Pokemon food that Jessie filled up.

"Goodness Raven don't just teleport like that near me," Jessie muttered annoyed."Also glad you find it delicious made your favorite for the big day," She said sitting down at the table with a cup of tea.

"Yeah, today is the day I finally begin my Pokémon journey are sure you and Meowth won't come along?" He asked looking at his older sister.

"Yeah come on Jess it be more fun than staying here don't tell me you're giving up on your dreams," Meowth said.

"I guess it would be fun to travel again after so long," Jessie said."You win my Light. I go with you and maybe I try the Pokémon Contest again as I did in my time I Hoenn." She said smiling softly at her younger brother.

"Looks like we're all going for a family journey," Kenny said smiling as drank his juice and ate his breakfast.

"I will get the bags fully packed and as soon as you and Meowth are done we settle off for Professor Oak's lab," Jessie said putting her cup in the sink along with her plate of breakfast and heading upstairs.

"So you convinced her to join. Di you do it becomes of the dream?"  Raven asked.

"Maybe I'm a bit afraid she will be gone when I get back," Kenny replied to Raven.

Kenny finished the last of his sandwich and got up and placed it in the sink along with his finished cup of juice.

"You ready kiddo?" Meowth asked.

"Yeah just need to brush my teeth," Kenny said heading upstairs to brush his teeth.

Meowth nodded as he went over to Raven to chat with her while he waited for the two humans in his new family.

~~~

Soon Kenny came back downstairs with a dark purple backpack on his back and put on his shoes as he returned Raven to her Pokeball. Jessie soon joined him wearing a white sundress and black leggings and a yellow side.

Meowth carefully jumped onto her shoulder.

"Looks like we're all ready to go," Jessie said.

"Yes I'm so ready to begin my Pokemon journey," Lenny said with a bright smile.

"Alright, first we need to go to Pallet Town to get your license from Professor Oak," Jessie replied.

Kenny nodded as he and his older sis walked out of the house. As they were walking down the street of Viridian City. Kenny noticed a familiar boy near the gym talking to two guards outside of the gym.

"Tell him when I get back I will be even stronger and will get the Earth badge," The boy said

"Well look there it's your rival Kenny," Jessie said.

"Yep I be beating him to the lab this time he can't consider me slow," Kenny said with he playful laugh as he and Jessie continued walking towards Route 1 to get to Pallet Town.

Chapter End!

I hope you enjoyed the new chapter of my very first pokemon fanfic. In this chapter Kenny and his small family head off to Pallet for Kenny to get his pokemon license to begin his Pokemon journey. Also as a reminder, there will be some original gyms that Ash didn't face the first gym will still be Pewter City but the second gym will be originally made. You will also meet Kenny's number-one rival soon as well.   

Question of the chapter: What do you think James in up too since Jessie didn't join Team Rocket?

(847 words)