Shopping Trip

This takes place in the Human Realm a few days after they arrived there. Luz hasn't come out yet. 

***                                                                                                                                                                                            No one's POV:

Luz sighed as she walked into the kitchen. She had just arrived back home with her friends, but it was at the cost of Eda, King, and so many other people she loved. She knew her friends were upset and missed home. It was her fault that Belos knew the draining spell in the first place and her friends would probably hate her for that. She blinked away the tears that were forming at the corners of her eyes as her mom walked in and sat down at the table. She could be strong, at least on the outside. 

"Morning Mom." She said, turning around and walking over. 

"Morning mija! How are you today? Feeling a little better?" Camila asked, concerned. Luz just nodded, not wanting to worry her mom even more. 

"Ms. Noceda?  We're out of juice. How do I get more?" Amity asked as she walked over to the table. 

"Oh! I guess it is time for a shopping trip. I'll get more, don't worry!" Camila responded, already mentally composing a shopping list. 

"Why don't we all go?" Willow said, walking into the kitchen just in time to hear the conversation. "Maybe it'll cheer us up!" 

"That's a great idea Willow! I'll get the shopping bags and you all go get ready. We're going to Costco." Camila stood up and went onto the other room to find bags. 

"What's a Costco?" asked Amity, confused. 

"Oh! It's a store where we get food. It's kinda like the market in Bonesborough." Luz explained. 

Gus gasped as he walked in. "What! A store! A human store! What're we waiting for lets go!!" Luz grinned.

*Time skip to driving to the store*

Luz's POV:

I grinned from the front seat of the car as we drove to the store. Gus was sitting in the middle row and he kept asking mom questions about the store like it was a mythical place from a storybook. I guess it was to him though. Vee is next to him and is trying to help answer some of his rapid-fire questions. 

Amity was sitting directly behind me; next to Gus and Vee. I admired her from the front as she looked out the window. It was hard not being able to be lovey-dovey, but I hadn't told my mom about being bi or about Amity yet. We'd have to find some way to tell her. 

Willow and Hunter sat in the very back. Willow was laughing at something Hunter had said and he was blushing really hard. It's pretty obvious he likes her, but there's no way he's gonna tell her anytime soon. He's too scared. 

I wish Eda and King were here. It would be nice to be able to show them the human realm and introduce them to my mom. I don't think she gets just how amazing they are from the few things I've told her. 

I'm pulled out of my thoughts when we arrive. Mom parks the car and we all get out. 

"Alright everyone. This is how we're gonna do this. Let's spilt up. I have a list for each of the two groups. Luz you get one group and Vee you can help her with that group. The other group will go with me." Mom says. We all nod and split up. Amity comes over to me and so do Gus and Vee. Willow and Hunter go to my mom. 

"¡Perfecto! We'll meet by this isle at 11.45." Mom says, passing out the lists and then leading her group into the store. I grin and pull Amity into the store as Gus and Vee follow.