II

I had been walking for what felt like forever. I was following a road up a mountain in hopes of finding a campsite to spend the night. When I reached the top I was met by a tall, dirty looking man who held a crossbow at my head.

"Fuck you want?" He shouted at me waving the weapon in my face.

"I'm looking for my boyfriend I came here trying to find a place to spend the night." I replied and he lowered his crossbow but I could see he still had his guard up.

He spun around to face the rest of the group. "We've got a visitor!" He yelled at them.

Two men came out of the rv after hearing this. It took me a minute to be able to properly see. Shane.

I ran towards him and he picked me up and held me so close. I kissed him and I finally felt safe again for the first time in a while.

He put his forehead against mine "I missed you so much baby, I thought you were dead. I tried to find you I really did but I didn't even know where to start."

"I missed you so much." I responded before burying my head into his chest. I was too relieved to even speak.

Shane carried me back to his tent where I spend the rest of the night in his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning when I woke up Shane was already gone. I left my tent and saw his tall silhouette in the woods behind a tree. I snuck up on him planning to scare him but when I got nearer I saw he was talking to Lori and I couldn't help but listen.

"She needs to know Shane!" Lori said in a loud whisper waving her finger in his face.

Shane hold both of his hands on the back of his head. "It's going to ruin everything I can't loose her again and you haven't told Rick either."

"You told me that Rick was dead and we both thought Brielle was dead." My heart dropped I left before I could hear what they were talking about.

The tears began to fall uncontrollably as I walked back to the tent and fell asleep. I woke up to Shane coming in.

"Get out." I whispered, not even turning to look at him.

"What?" He questioned me.

"I said get out!" I raised my voice slightly this time.

"What's wrong baby?" He put his hand on my shoulder.

I sat up and threw his arm off me. " I heard you and Lori in the woods today." I cried.

"Oh baby I'm sorry I can explain." He said slightly stuttering.

"Really? I'd like to hear you try." I said getting slightly more and more annoyed.

He began "it was only once, I felt awful after but I thought you were dead. I thought I was never going to see you again. I was grieving Brie . I was just trying to cope with your loss I promise you it meant nothing to me." He kept rubbing the back of his head.

"Do you love her?" I asked my eyes focused on the floor I couldn't bear to look at him.

"Of course not Brie I love you and only you she means nothing to me." He put his arm around me and pulled me in. I let him I couldn't stay mad as much as I wanted to I just fell asleep.

I woke up to Shane still holding me in his arms. I didn't want him to ever let go so I just lay there until he was woken up by Rick shouting outside.

" we leave. We leave today it's not safe here. I say we go to the cdc they'll have help there." I walked out of the tent Shane following closely behind me to see what he was talking about.

Everyone agreed with Rick about leaving and going to the cdc expect morales who then left with his family. We headed to the cdc that same day. I was sat in the back of the rv with Shane on a sofa resting my head on his shoulder. Lori was sat on the bed with Rick and Carl. I couldn't even look at her, she was my friend why would she do this to me.

We arrived at the cdc and it was swarmed with the dead. We ran to the building and Rick began to ask and bang on the door. Nothing . Again nothing.

"Rick come on man. It's useless. Nobody's here and your going to get us all killed." Shane said pulling at ricks shoulder. Just as he did the camera in the corner moved.

Rick turned to look at Shane pulling away "did you see that the camera it's flashing someone's in there. He pleaded some more for them to let us in and just before the hoard reached us a big white light appeared and the doors open as we rushed inside.

Shane had is arm protectively around me as we entered the cdc and were met by dr Jenner who tested our blood.

"Is this really necessary you'd be able to tell if we were bitten." Shane questioned him.

"I'm already breaking all the rules in the book my even letting you in here just let me at least be safe." He replied.

Me and Shane headed to the room which Jenner gave us. He smirked at me "finally some proper alone time" he laughed before picking me up and throwing me on the bed.

He began to unbutton his shirt and through it on the floor followed by his belt and pants he then approached be and took my denim shorts off which had grown tight and no longer had a top button and then my top. Just as he climbed into bed with me and began kissing me he stopped after placing his hand on my stomach.

He looked at me with a concerned face. "Babe?" I knew what he meant by this I went to the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror for the first time since this had all started. I glanced down and there was a very small but undoubtedly there bump. I rushed back into the room and rummaged through till I found a pregnancy test. I took it and it came back positive 3+ weeks.

"Shit!" I muttered. But it must have been louder than I thought as Shane came rushing into the bathroom.

"Fuck." He said placing his hands on the back of his head and running them down. "How didn't you know?" He questioned me.

"I..I don't even know." I sputtered nearly in tears. " I thought it was just due to the little amounts of food I'd been able to have." The tears began to fall. "What are we going to do."

He immediately rushed to my side and picked me up carrying my back into the bedroom and he pulled one of his tops over me before placing me next to him in bed. I just lay there crying had he rubbed my back. "It'll be okay." He kept whispering into my ear."

I shook my head. "No no it's not okay I'm going to die there's not doctors no nothing."

"Hey hey don't think like that. It's safe here and If I had to take a guess I'd say these walls are pretty sound proof so the baby wouldn't attract the zombies."

"But I must be so far along." I cried "since we'll you know."

"I know." He responded putting a strand of my hair behind my ear. "7 months ish if I had to guess."

I passed out shortly after that and didn't wake up till late the next morning. Shane was in the room but he was already dressed and I could tell he had left. He turned to look at me seeing I was awake. "Morning sweetheart." He smiled. He had told the rest of the group about my pregnancy and I was too embarrassed to leave the room. What would they think about this I'm just going to slow them down.

Shane finally convinced me to leave the room and get something to eat. As we walked in Jenner was displaying something on the screen. My ears were ringing due to all the noise so I wasn't really listening but I snapped back into reality when the metal doors behind us slammed close.

"What the hell man!" Shane shouted.

"What's happening?" Rick asked him.

"30 minutes to full decontamination" he responded before switching the screen off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~