five

a/n- the daddy issues are daddy-ing for all of you little hoes!

but please, continue your reading.

Wtf it's not letting me add a song but if you can listen to every man gets his wish by our queen, Elizabeth Woolridge Grant.

I wait for a few moments in silence before his voice comes through the speakers.

"Is this Lydia?"

His voice is unexpectedly deep, with a twinge of raspiness to it. Safe to say that I love it, and it's now my new current obsession.

"It is. Is this Conner?" I ask, and then face palm myself because why did I ask that question? Obviously it's Conner. I'm going to choose to blame it on my nerves because my stomach feels like it has a million little bees buzzing around in there.

"Yes, hi." He answers.

I briefly think of what to say but Conner beats me to it.

"I know we were supposed to call tomorrow." He begins, "But, I couldn't wait." He finishes.

I suppress a laugh.

"That's okay. Have you just gotten off of work?" I mentally applaud myself for starting the conversation.

"Yes, actually. It was a late night." He replies.

"That sucks, is it normally like that for you?"

"Pretty much every night, some days I have off though, which I greatly appreciate."

"Interesting." I say, and then there is a few beats of silence.

"Well this is slightly awkward, isn't it?" He points out.

"It is." I laugh which is followed by his chuckle.

God. Even his laugh is hot.

I shrug my shoulders as if to say 'why not?' And I press the FaceTime button on our call.

He hums "It seems that I'm receiving another call, but it says it's from you?" He says, sounding confused.

I giggle, "Yes that's from me, I'm FaceTiming you. Accept it."

I set my phone up so it's in frame, and when he accepts the call his face pops up on my screen.

He wears a crooked grin when he sees me and I think I fall for him on the spot, his has a missing tooth right in the front. Normally, I don't like the way they look on men, but for some reason he wears it perfectly. Like he was made to have a missing tooth.

"You're missing a tooth." I point out.

His eyes widen a bit as he replies, "Oh yes, I forgot about that thing. You don't mind, do you?"

I shake my head with a smile. "No I don't mind at all. How did you lose it?"

He stops for a second, and then gives me his answer.

"I lost it a few years back, after being involved in a little scruff."

I raise an eyebrow. "A little scruff?"

"Yes...a few buddies and I had a few drinks and then decided that we should antagonize a few people at the bar. I got a nice right hook to the face and the little fucker popped right out."