Chapter 34

Anastasia's POV:~

Anastasia's POV:~

"Where the hell is my phone now?" Groaning, I ruffle the sheets then make the bed again after not finding it there.

A beep sounds from the bedside table and there it is. Getting charged.

I unplug my phone and stuff into my pocket, not bothering to switch it on and take off for my classes.

The whole way to the class room, wandering eyes and secretive whispers follow my movements. But the second I look back, I do not find anyone.

Strange!

Even after I have settled in the class, this keeps going. Side glances are stolen. Some even throw daggers my way.

The fuck is their problem?

I meet their gazes and they turn around hastily, speaking among themselves.

Rolling my eyes, I turn in my seat, flip my hair over my shoulder and concentrate on the lecture, wanting to get over with this gossip girl episode as soon as I can.

The moment the bell rings, ending the class, I gather my things and rush out of the room, stomach grumbling in hunger. I skipped breakfast in hurry.

Standing in the queue at the cafeteria, I wait for my turn patiently. The boy before me pays for his order and steps out.

I smile at the elderly woman in front, "Good afternoon, Ms. Freya. One chicken burger, please."

The lady at the counter smiles back, "Good afternoon, Stacey" I give her the money and she hands over my food, "and here is your burger."

I take it and search for an available seat.

As I go to sit someone grabs my elbow and suddenly whips me around, the burger falling from my hands. The yelp in my throat dies down once I see who it is.

"Rodie!" Placing one palm on my heart, I breathe out loudly, "God! You scared me." Then punch his shoulder, "Why did you pop out like a ghost?"

"I-" Rodie stops, scanning our surroundings.

Everyone is looking our way.

"Not here." He takes my hand, drags me behind a nearby pillar and pushes me against it, away from the prying eyes.

"Where is your phone?" He forwards his hand, asking for it.