"Can we talk love?"

{I added music for you to listen to whilst reading through this}

"HURRY UP Y/N OR I'M LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!" Maya shouts, her voice echoing so loud that I feel my ear drums about to pop.
Grabbing my jacket, I hurriedly run to the front door just to find Maya with her hands on her hips and a frown displayed across her face. "What time do you call this?" She questions me, an exasperated sigh leaving my lips. "It won't happen again.."

",,It won't happen again''my ass. You literally said that for the past 2 days- like I love you cus you're my bestie and all but you won't be saying this same shit when our fucking boss fires us."
I nod, knowing that just because my presence was there, my body was still in deep slumber. "Yeah, totally." I say, my brain still not processing what she was saying.
I walk my way past her to get into the car to face another 7 hours of labouring work.

-- TIME SKIP TO WORK 4 HOURS LATER-

"Y/n can we have our break now?" Maya asks as I finish wiping the last counters clean.
"I guess, I could really use one too." I say, stretching my arms and taking off my dirty apron before going out, inhaling the cool freshness of the air that I was limited to for the full 4 hours of being in such a claustrophobic, hot atmosphere.

I link arms with Maya as we start to walk towards the nearby park, like we normally did during our lunch breaks for the last 3 years.
"You know Y/n.." she says as I turn to her and hum in response, "You need to really start looking for someone."
I stop moving before turning my whole body to face her. "I have you though, that's enough for me right now."

"No, Y/n you know exactly what I mean," she pauses, "-like a boyfriend."

"You can't be serious right now-"

"No I am serious Y/n. You are 24 years old and you haven't even had your FIRST LOVE yet." She shakes her head, "The thing is.. you're so fucking pretty so it's not even your looks that's the problem."
I raise my eyebrows at her statement, "What are trying to imply Maya?"
"I'm trying to tell you to stop focusing on your work and money and you know... loosen up a bit and go on dates?"
I burst out laughing, a baboon like sound screeching out my mouth as I lightly slap Maya's arm.
"No way are you being fucking serious!" I cry out in laughter, tears starting to form in my eyes from the 'so called' joke.
"Y/N, STOP IT BECAUSE I AM!" She yells, a straight face plastered onto her face.
My smile drops as I realise she was actually...being honest.
I roll my eyes. The thought of going on dates were sending shivers down my spine.
I wasn't really the type to go on dates, because for one, I can't talk for shit. It's not like I don't wanna have a boyfriend like if course I do but the thing is, I'm not ready for one.
"I don't really wanna talk about this anymore Maya." I say, knowing that if we continue then we would end up in an argument like we always do.
"Fine, let's just go back to work then."

- - - 3 HOURS LATER: SHIFT END- -

"FINALLY!" Maya shouts, throwing her arms in the air before switching the sign outside the cafe to show that its closed.
"Y/n I swear to god you better sleep on time today because I won't wait for you tomorrow morning if you're late again."
"Pinky promise." I say as I exit the building, cool air hitting my face once again after a long time; washing away the sweaty humid that sunk onto my face during my shift.
A vibration was felt from my pocket as well as a ping sound echoing at the same time. "Oh wow, a notification that's not from me? Surprising." Maya comments before heading towards the car.
I roll my eyes before pulling it out my pocket. It was a text from my dad. My eyebrows tense in confusion, a text late at night?

Dad🐿: Y/n love can we talk about something?

Me: Yeah ofc, call now?

Dad🐿: No I mean face to face

Me: Sure? What time tomorrow

Dad🐿: Can you come now if that's okay?

Dad🐿: But I'm still at my office, not home.

Me: Is it really that important now?

Dad🐿: Yeah kind of.

Me: kks, I'm coming then.

Dad🐿: Okay love I'll see you in a bit.
seen

I turn off my phone before putting it back into my pocket, walking towards Maya.
"Babes, you go ahead I have to go visit my dad so I'll just catch an Uber."

"Don't be fucking silly, I'll drop you off now so just get in the car."
I give her a warm smile. "What would I do without you in my life?" I rhetorically ask.
"I'm doing this because I don't wanna a phone call tomorrow saying you got kidnapped." She mutters, "It's literally so dark outside and you're still willing to get into a random guy's car?" She asks me as if I was stupid. Which I guess I was cus I was considering doing exactly that.
Honestly speaking though, what would I do without a best friend like Maya? She knows all my secrets, my family secrets too. Only she knows about my fathers business involving gangs, I guess you can say that Maya is like a sister to me in a sort of way. Been here with me through the ups and downs, when I cry or when I'm bursting with joy- just been here with me through everything basically.

- - TIME SKIP- -

I step out the car, standing directly outside my dad's office he's been apparently waiting for me at.
"I'll stay in the car." Maya says, motioning me to go inside.
The office has lots of security which I'm familiar with only because of the amount of times I've been there.

After what seems like forever after walking corridor by corridor, I knock on a massive door that was now in front of me.
"Come in." I hear a voice say. I open the door, my head still focussed on the phone in my hand.
"Hey dad, what did you want to talk to me about?" I ask, my gaze once again only on my phone screen as I continue flicking through social media.
Complete Silent.
I obviously look up because of the silence that was filling up the room.
My dad was there obviously but strangely there was another man there with him too.
A man with black braids.
I couldn't see him clearly since he was sitting right opposite my dad, making only the back of his body and head visible to me.

"Dad, what's going on?" I ask him, my gaze still burning the back of the unfamiliar man's head.
"Y/n dear, please take a seat." He insists, motioning his hand to the empty seat next to the man.
I slowly walk up to the chair, sitting down whilst my mind was still filled with random thoughts.
This was unusual for me because he never introduces me to anyone from work since he wanted me to 'stay out' of his business for my safety but yet here I was sitting next to a man whom I didn't even know.
I glance at him for a split second to quickly observe him.

I noticed his silver lip piercing which seems to glisten because of the light reflecting off it as well as his side view and sharp jawline that would be able to make any girl have a meltdown like I was having at that moment. And here I was sitting next to him. If only Maya could see the view I was seeing right now.
His head is tilted down, his focus on his own phone as he seems to be typing away absolutely unbothered by anything that's going on.
A voice interrupts my quick observation as I look back at my father who speaks once more.
"Y/n.. I need to talk to you about something that might be a big leap for you."
"And that might be?" I ask.
"I want you to marry this man."