The Black Romans Mercedes'

Throughout the whole night I barely got any sleep, just a bunch of tossing and turning in my bed. Each second I hoped and hoped that this was all just a bad dream that I would soon wake up from but out of the lack of luck I had, it wasn't.
I had no energy left in me and I soon struggled to even put the buttons up of my white shirt that was stained with all types of junk I had from when I had to clean up counters at work. It's not like the shirt hasn't been washed or anything, it's just permanent stains that wouldn't come off and I knew I would have to buy a new shirt soon otherwise my manager would give me 'another talk' about me being presentable.

I lightly slap my face one last time to give me a natural energy boost before walking towards the front door, to be greeted by a cheerful Maya who started to clap as soon as she saw me being on time for once.
"That's a new record." she says sarcastically before motioning for us to go.

The car ride was quiet this time, it wasn't an awkward quiet though, I knew that Maya wanted to cheer me up from yesterday but it never worked. I already felt my life being ripped away from me bit by bit. After a while, the car stops and we have arrived at work. I sigh before closing the car door behind me and waiting for Maya to catch up with me so that we could go inside together.

- TIME SKIP -

It's been a couple hours into the shift and it was time for break. Maya comes up to me, and after seeing me with that same sad face I had, she gives my shoulders a reassuring squeeze.
"Y/n, I'll be here with you. Forever." She smiles, pulling me into a comfortable hug that I needed for a long time.
We pull away and look at each other.
"I'm just upset that my life is going opposite than how I hoped it would go." I say, "You know, like I thought I was gonna be able to save up and travel the whole world then find my true love at first sight but now.." I pause, "Now I have to live with a man that I don't know a single thing about."

"At least he's good looking though, right?" Maya says. I knew she was trying to lighten up the mood but it just made me frown even more. "Maya, he gives me the cold shoulder plus you saw how he was with that girl yesterday."
She nods knowing it was true, even she agreed with me and she was someone who always tried to find a reason to go against my reasonings.
"Give it some time Y/n. I know it's hard for you but remember you chose to do this for your father." I nod, it was true.. I decided to do this because of my dad, not for myself.

"Let's just back to work now." Maya suggests, knowing that we were able to leave early if we had less break time. I give her a gentle smile before going back to clean the counters and serve customers.

- -
The sky starts to turn dark and this is the time where we don't get anymore customers coming in.
I stare out the glass windows like I always did when this happens.
Birds fly away back to their comforts of their homes to see their families, squirrels scurry up trees to burrow themselves away from the cold, butterflies hide away to have their deep slumbers.. Here I am, not knowing where my home is anymore.

In the corner of my eye I spot an unfamiliar car. A black romans Mercedes' that seemed to be parked in front of the cafe. It was unusual, typically someone from an upper class status don't usually come to this particular area. You couldn't really see inside the car since the windows were tinted black, it kind of creeped me out since there was just a single expensive car sitting by itself in the quiet carpark. I stare at it for what seems like forever, admiring the car model.
A sudden grab of my shoulder startled me as I gasp in fright. I turn my head around to find Maya grinning at me. "Boss said we can go early tonight since there are no customers." she says excitedly.

"Thank the fuck because I could really use it." I say, throwing my apron into the staff room before exiting the building.
The same car was there, still in the same position as when I last saw it. It's like I wanted to go closer to it but at the same time having the urge to back away and avoid it.
"Literally my dream car." Maya adds. I look at her, "Only if you can ever afford it-" I laugh before getting a light punch on my arm by her.