City Life. (Read at night)

It's been weeks since I've last seen Tom- even heard of him.

I know that one day I'd actually look back and contemplate whether this was just one of my nightmares again.

I was now living in Las Vegas, working in a new bakery that was slightly hidden away in the corner of the road. I had to admit, not a lot of people came in here but I didn't mind since I still had financial stability from Tom which he gave me before he left completely.
He really meant it when he said he was gonna let me have a new start, a new beginning, a new life.
-
It was boring now, I had nothing else to do but wipe away the counters and tables.
I decide to grab the remote, turning on the TV before switching to the news station.

"In today's news, the leader of Hawk -known as Tom Kaulitz- has finally been confirmed as missing as we haven't heard nor seen of him for more than 3 weeks.
As a conclusion, we can now confirm that the Hawk gang have been embellished for good."

"Have a great day!" I say to the last customer.
Instead of leaving right away, he walks over to me, handing me a note with my name written on it.
Without a word, he leaves the bakery; the sound of the chiming bells filling in the silence.

I open it up, my hands trembling as I hold it.

To Y/n,

I love you Y/n, even though I was selfish enough to not show it.
I hope that one day you live on with your life, and as much as I would hate it- I hope you find someone better, someone who would actually show you how much you are truly worth.
I hope that when you get old with your own children to keep company, I want you to confuse this as a nightmare- or even as fever dream.
You will read this note again and see no words anymore as I've written this with temporary ink that'll soon fade away like the memories of us together.

From, Tom.

I tilt my head up, staring at the ceiling as I feel tears brewing up from the mention of his name. But then I realise that the tears were not meant for him- they were for me; the me that the whole marriage destroyed.

"Y/n.."
My head shoots around to see where my name was being called out from since I didn't take notice of anyone entering the cafè whilst I was there.
I fix my gaze at a figure stood in the corner of the room, her innocent smile giving me familiarity of who it was- Maya.

"Maya..?" I ask, to double check what I was seeing was right.

"I've missed you, Y/n."

"Are you.. actually real?" I recheck, coming out from behind the register and heading towards the figure with ease and caution.

"I am real if you can see me, right?" She laughs.

{END OF MY FORCED HUSBAND}