(28)

###

*knock knock*

"I left you like this and I still find you like this. But at least I didn't come empty-handed and I brought you something good to eat," Felix entered happily holding a tray of appetizers with protein and lots of fruit.

He brought a table which he placed on Sungmin's lap and sat them down one by one, each with a plate to give them cutlery so they could eat. He gave them each a set and napkins and then told them to eat in peace.

" I found it a little suspicious that you suddenly disappeared and I haven't seen you for a while. The doctor was the only one I interacted with besides you and the nurse I saw right after I woke up. I guess you called the doctor?" Seungmin was always one step ahead of them, always thinking

"I wouldn't even want to surprise you, I couldn't, because you always guess my move before I make it." Felix reacted with amusement on his face.

Hyunjin was the first to look at the food and picked up his fork, taking a bite of the meat and cheese. He immediately offered it to Sengmin to shut him up.

"Baby, you're thinking too much and stressing too much and you're barely recovering, so please take care of your health because I can't look at you all the time," he explained as he continued to feed him without giving him a reply.

" I think you are wrong to try to gag me with food. I'm not like Changbin hyung who can be easily persuaded with food. And it's like you promised me that you would always be by my side. Why are you talking like you're going to leave as soon as I get out of the hospital?" a little concern was immediately seen in his eyes, those confused puppy dog eyes penetrating Hyunjin.

"It's not like that, I'm sorry I made it sound like that..." Hyunjin assured him, putting the fork down and kissing his nose, then his forehead, looking straight into his eyes.

Seungmin knew that he wasn't lying, but he really wanted to feel in his heart that what he was telling him was really the pure truth.

" Excuse me for interrupting this very emotional scene, but I'm still here. So I would ask you to be much more careful. I'm happy to watch, but I don't want to feel like a third wheel. I'll call my fiancé if you make me feel lonely any longer. Felix said proudly, pulling out his phone and searching through his contacts.

The atmosphere became much more familiar and understanding, as if there had never been a conflict and they had not been apart for so many years. It was as if they had regained their memories of their youth and felt like those young people who don't care what will happen in their future. They felt like a chat or an evening out among friends.

The new couple was immediately shocked, they looked at each other and their mouths were open. One of them dared to say.

" What do you mean, fiancé? " Felix pretended not to hear and showed them the ring. "When did this happen?" they weren't jealous, they were just surprised at such a big news and Seungmin now felt like he had missed more than 30 years of his life.

"We weren't that close but did it really happen recently?" this time it was Hyunjin who was shocked and Felix's face started to turn a little red as he chuckled trying not to be too obvious.

" You also know that he is a romantic, so we had a romantic dinner somewhere by the sea, and we had some seafood dishes. We looked at the stars and talked a lot. We also had some thoughts that followed us. Then I saw Minho hyung recently, and it had been a while since we moved in together, how he helped me with my sisters and even supported me, and I felt indebted to Changbin, and through these promise rings that we wore, we promised and swore at the same time. We're going to have each other's backs and I'm not going to say that I feel like a burden to him anymore and he's going to help me become much more independent and responsible even if it takes more time. Binie hyung is willing to help me and I am grateful," was the short version of the story now explained by Felix.