𝒞𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉ℯ𝓇 1:ℳℯ𝓂ℴ𝓇𝒾ℯ𝓈

A little baby is sitting in her gorgeously crafted crib. Her tiny body is clad in a teddy bear onesie. Her thick chestnut locks gently fall in her eyes. Her lovely emerald green eyes. The baby's chubby cheeks are flushed, pink mouth puckered up in a pout. 

As soon as the first glimpse of baby Helene popped up on the screen most of the Hogwarts population cooed. Even some of the slytherins had a hard time containing their awws at the adorable sight. Barty was just outright fawning at the toddler. (And Evan was fawning at Barty.) 

James let out a very uh manly squeal as he looked at the screen with wide eyes. His daughter was just perfect. In fact, she was too perfect for words. His heart swelled with adoration and it was only one glimpse. 

"Ohh Jamie, she's lovely", Euphemia cooed, eyes misty. No doubt that the little baby was James'. She looked just him when he was little. Cherubic cheeks, doe-eyes and the cutest flyway hair. 

"My goddaughter is so beautiful", Sirius breathed out softly. Anaïs giggled at the looked on his face and leaned against his shoulder. But she had to agree, Sirius was right. Helene was simply gorgeous. And the way Remus' large eyes were fixed on the screen, he would whole-heartedly agree too. 

"Who said you're the godfather?", James asked, one thick eyebrow raised, hazel eyes twinkling playfully. 

Sirius let out a fake betrayed gasp, eyes wide. "I'm not the godfather?!", he asked outrageously, voice trembling. Despite the fact that he looked like he was about to burst into tears, his lips were twitching in a semblance of a smile. 

"Yeah, could be Moony", Peter egged on casually, looking away from the dark-haired male. He had to bite his cheek to contain his grin. 

"You take that back!", the dog animagus exclaimed and glowered at Peter like he had just said the most repulsive thing. Because of course, anyone other than him being the godfather to that beautiful little girl was just plain blasphemy. 

"Boys, calm down", Anaïs said softly. "And James stop teasing your brother! That's not very nice" 

"Yes, ma'am!", James mumbled petulantly and Sirius grinned widely. He encompassed Anaïs in a big bear hug from behind and wiggled his eyebrows at James, as if teasing him. This made the younger boy's pout bigger. Peter sniggered at his misfortune. 

"You too, Peter!", the blonde girl admonished. Peter pouted and nodded his head, glaring at the hazel-eyed boy from the corner of his eyes, who was now smirking at him. 

Gemma was laughing softly at the group's antics, wide eyes observing the playful and loving way they interacted and teased each other. She didn't have many friends at Beauxbatons. At least not friends she could be completely free with. So watching people interact so opening was very refreshening. 

"You have a beautiful laugh", Remus mumbled absent-mindedly as he stared, loving the way the light from the candles bounced off her pearlescent hair. 

Gemma's head snapped towards the boy so quickly she was surprised she didn't get a whiplash. Heat travelled up her neck, even warming the tips of her ears. "Huh?" 

"I-I said that out loud, didn't I?", Remus chuckled awkwardly, scratching the back of his neck. He swallowed nervously as he too blushed hotly from embarrassment. He rolled his bottom lip between his teeth unconsciously.