Epilogue: Together

Back outside the castle, Yosher, Tiny, Barry, and Harold reflected on their adventure as they began the trip back home. They had been across forests and desert, through the rolling hills and into a volcanic crater. It was quite the journey, and although they were all tired and ready to go home, they were still sad that it was over so soon. Eventually, they made it out of the fiery caldera and back into the bright and happy hills.

"Well, I didn't learn much about being royalty, but I sure got to do a lot of smashing. Thanks for taking me along," said Harold, as he prepared to head back to Spike Castle.

"Thanks for coming with us. Your smashing definitely came in handy!" responded Yosher, giving the Spike prince a thumbs up before he left. Now down to three, the Yoshi, Spiny, and Bomb Boo took a detour back to the dark forest where Barry lived. Once more the cloud of darkness fell over them, yet Yosher didn't feel as scared as he was last time. Not only did he have his friends here, but he was also a stronger Yoshi from his adventure. As they arrived at the ghost house to drop Barry off, the Boo began to tear up.

"Oh, I had so much fun with you guys! Please tell me you'll come back and visit me!" he said through ghostly tears.

"Aww, of course we will, Barry. That's what buddies are for," responded Tiny, with a grin. Wiping his tears, Barry gave the two a big group hug as a parting gift.

"I'm gonna have so many stories to tell all my ghost friends!" exclaimed the Boo, waving at Tiny and Yosher before they left.

"See you later, Barry!" exclaimed Yosher, as he bid his friend goodbye. Alone together once again, Tiny and Yosher made their way back to the forest they both called home. A serene breeze blew through the woods, but it did little to help the Yoshi shake his feelings.

"I'm glad I made all those nice friends and got to have such a cool adventure, but now that they're all gone, I feel all lonely inside," he said, sighing disappointedly. Tiny looked up at his friend with a concerned expression.

"You still have me. Aren't I your friend?" he said. Smiling through his sadness, Yosher nodded.

"You're the best friend a Yoshi like me could ask for. You hardly knew me when I told you Nabbit ran off with my gem, but you decided to help me anyway," he explained.

"Is that why you were gonna let go of my hand so I could save myself?" asked Tiny.

"Of course! Anyone who would go all that way with me is worth saving," responded Yosher. Blushing, Tiny smiled and edged slightly closer to the Yoshi.

"It means a lot to me to have you as a friend, Yosher. All my life I've been alone, avoided because of my spiky shell. When I heard that you were sad because you wanted a sweetheart, I felt sad myself because I wanted the same thing, even though I knew I could never have it. That's what made me want to help you," he told the orange Yoshi. The two had arrived at the entrance to Yoshi Town, but Yosher didn't want to go in just yet.

"Even though I had fun on my adventure, I still couldn't find my sweetheart. I guess I'll just go back to hoping like normal," he said, bidding his Spiny friend goodbye. Before he could leave, however, Tiny spoke up.

"Well... I know it's probably not what you were wanting, but... would you like me to be your sweetheart?" he asked the Yoshi, putting his index fingers together. Hearing that, Yosher turned back in an instant.

"You really mean it?" he responded, eyes sparkling with hope.

"Sure. I don't think I'd mind having a Yoshi boyfriend," said Tiny.

"Oh, Tiny, thank you! I'd love it if you were my sweetheart!" exclaimed Yosher, sweeping the blue-shelled Spiny off his feet and preparing to hug him, only to remember he couldn't. Settling for something smaller, Yosher gave his new boyfriend the biggest nuzzle he could muster.

"C'mon, let's go home," he told Tiny, as they took their first steps into the village. It was quite a surprise for the residents of Yoshi Town to see Yosher in such high spirits, but no one was disappointed. His smile finally matched everyone else's, and that was reason enough to be glad. As the two reached Yosher's house, the Yoshi and Spiny could finally relax, their journey now complete. A hint of doubt remained in Tiny's mind, but as he looked over at Yosher laying on his bed, he knew he had a friend he could trust. The Spiny then took his shell off, leaving him in nothing but a plain white shirt.

"You can hug me now. Just be gentle, okay?" he said, nervously. Before he knew it, Yosher had scooped him up in an embrace, something he was experiencing for the very first time. It was strange, being held and squeezed, but Tiny knew Yosher loved him and would never hurt him, and he loved Yosher too. The two hugged each other to their heart's content, happy to finally be loved like they had always wanted.

 The two hugged each other to their heart's content, happy to finally be loved like they had always wanted