Chapter 3 Party Time

Lee's Pov

I got a call from my mom about my older cousin coming into town. Here's the issue with him (Jason) hes that family member that remembers you when their in need of something but im that nigga that has zero fucks to give.

Anywho I get to the office 7 mins early. Randall the supervisor holding the meeting is present looking fine as hell as usual. He sends mixed signals so I never know when he's flirting or just personally giving me assignments when he has assistants that can do that.

The meeting couldn't be over any sooner. As soon as we were dismissed I rushed towards the door only to be stopped by Randall himself.

"Levi, a word please !" Randall asked

"uhh, sure." I responded

"What do you have planned for the weekend ? If your free maybe we can grab some drinks." Is this dude serious

"No im good, this weekend is only about family."

"Ok, no problem" (He winks at me and does the flirty place your hand one ones shoulder and giggle. A chick move right ?)

I just nodded my head and walked out. I called chulo to see whats he's up too only to be informed that he's at my house waiting on me.

Before I go home I need to stop by Vons to make sure that the cake will be ready to be picked up at noon tomorrow.

Finally reached Vons.

Holy shit on an altar, im at the bakery and Chris is here. I'm trying to avoid him only because of the awkward conversation I had with my mom, Randall annoying me and the fact that it seems like I like him when I'm with chulo.

(im telling you now God doesn't like me cause this nigga had to see me, ugh) "What's up Lee ? Who you ordering a cake for ?" Chris questioned me with a look of surprise written on his face

"Pops, but I already ordered it. I called and didn't reach anyone, I was passing on my way home and decided to stop." I didn't really want to answer him.

"Excuse me sir, yes your order will be ready for you tomorrow. Noon to be exact." The cake decorator said to me

"Thanks" was my response before Chris spoke again

"That's wassup. Are we still on for tonight ? Maybe we could just chill at your house if you don't wanna go out." He asked

"Yeah coo, it's up to you C, it's your celebration."

"We can chill at your house." (He's looking everywhere else except me)

"You straight bruh ?"

"Yeah, I ain't gay nigga." Whoa !

(when I ask him that in the past he always give the same response but it makes me wonder)" C, bruh I didn't say all that bruh. You must be a lil fruity "(I laughed)

" If I'm fruity it's cause I like you nigga"

Chris abruptly walks away, leaving me stunned. I was speechless too the point I almost forgot where I was.

I had to leave, I'm in the car second guessing chilling with Chris. No doubt about it I want to but that was awkward.

I decide to go to my mom's to pick up jr for ice cream.

I pull up to the house to see my parents car, Dj car and an unfamiliar car. I got out and knocked then im rushed by my little sister Kayla.

" La la I miss you lil sis"