Chapter 16 The surrogate returns

Lee Pov

I thought Chulo was going to keep trying to wake me. I didn't get up on purpose because I wanted to have a lazy day. All I gotta do is make sure the movers are done by tomorrow, gotta career interview at 12p.m. , call Nyla for sure this time and check on Dj.

After less than an hour I'm dressed and ready to go. I remembered Jr's with Darien so im free for today lol. Gotta call to check on my youngin'.

" D, let me talk to my son"

"Well, hey, hi, hello to you too , you asinine"

"Yada, yada put him on the phone"

"Dad, I miss you but don't come and pick me up yet, im having fun with Ari ( nephew, really what about uncle D? Is what I heard D say in the background) oh and uncle D."

"Ok I just called to make sure your alright and I miss you too Jr, I love you I'll see you soon."

"Later daddy, tell Mr.Carlos I said hi (didn't get a chance to respond he gave the phone back to D) Ty what you got planned for the day ? "

" A few errands, making sure everything's packed and ready to go nothing major"

"Ok this chick I met celebrating her birthday at this club Friday night, I'll text you the dets, bring bro inlaw and come chill."

"That's also move in day so I'll see if we're settled by then."

"Gotcha"

After hanging up, I arrived in L.A.. I got about another 15 mins until I get to my destination. I'll call Dj.

" Big bro, everything good on your end ?

"Yeah Ty. Im straight, I want to talk to you soon though, it's some things I gotta get off my chest."

"Ok coo, im on my way to this interview I'll get at you later about meeting up one day soon."

"Good luck lil bro, love you"

"Thanks, love ya too"

Man what does he wanna talk about ? We'll see I guess. Anywho, L.A. is so beautiful, im pulling up to my interview at 92.3 the real after parking I prayed.

So im guessing I told you Im a college graduate but I didn't tell you I have a B.A. in Broadcast communication. I always wanted to be like a behind the scenes type of guy for a radio station, t.v.show or magazine business.

I just wanted to be able to have a career and not a job. Especially now being jobless. It's 11:43 I'm nervous as hell. I walked into the building and told the receptionist I'm here for my interview.

She directed me to the conference room where the interview will be held.

.........

I got the job, it's just that after I told him I had a son he went more in depth with me. Its like I'll have a set time frame but not set days like I have to be at work see at 5am till 3pm but as far as having a mon thru Fri schedule, not going to happen.

"Starting pay is $23 an hour just over $44,000 a year but there's always room for growth. You really gotta make sure you want this, you could be working up too 10 hours a day but no more than 6 days a week and no less than 5" were the words spoken from the supervisor Corey Freeman.

"Also, I have to read you this brief disclosure (this is true information I put it in to show some truth) You must be able to perform the following • Adequate preparation for an air shift with use of creativity, imagination and exercise of independent professional judgment in writing, producing, interviewing, taping or broadcasting of on-air material. • Personality must be upbeat, informative and entertaining and be able to relate to station audience • Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired • Must be current with relevant daily material • Adhere to all company policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity. • Work an approved and previously agreed upon air shift. • Operate control board for studio and remote programming. • Availability on weekends. • Must be personable and able to take direction well with commitment and attention to detail in every aspect. • Knowledge of NexGen Systems and VoxPro. • Ensure logged commercials, promotions and any other programming essential to the stations operation are aired. • Applicant must be engaging on the air • Social Media skills a plus.  • Good organizational and time management skills. Ability to work without direct supervision. Ok got that ?"