CHAPTER 1:THE MESSAGE AND ORDER

Bakshi Bano P.O.V.

I sat in front of the mirror as a bandi lifted my hair,running that scented coal under as another bandi parted the hair so my hair could smell nice and dry faster.I smiled when i saw Talwar,guding my new bandi,Khaazra on how to choose and layer my jewellery.

Even though,mamu-jaan treated me as an advisor within the darbaar,I still had to be adorned in jewellery and mehndi from head to toe.I did not complain though,as each adornment of mine were all hand picked by my ammi jaan.

I saw another bandi,who had been stationed outside my khwaab-gaah enter,bowing her head as she begun to speak,"Bakshi bano."

"What is it?" I questioned as I kept my gaze on her through the mirror as Talwar put a layered pearl and diamond necklace with a green gem handing from the middle,they tightened the necklace with the knot on the strings.

"Nusrat bano requests permission to meet you,Bakshi Bano "

I smiled at the mention of my cousin,giving a nod even though Khaazra put a five layer pearl necklace over my head,that laid against my chest,"Allow her in."

"Jee,Bkashi bano." The bandi left the khwaab-gaah as my hair had been set behind my back,my bandi now putting on my earings that were just shy of touching my shoulder while another made to fasten a gold band around the upped part of my arm.

I could hear the tinkling of anklets as my cousin made her way into my khwaab-gaah,the gold on her gharara catching the sunlight that poured through the windows and reflecting on the walls.My bandi stopped turning to offer their greetings by raising their hands.

Nusrat bano lifted her hand in a greeting,lowering her head slightly as she eyed me through the mirror,"Adab,Bakshi bano."

"Adab,Nusrat bano." I greeted back,lifting my hand as well as i continued to meet her eyes through the mirror.

"Resume adorning your mistress." She flicked her hand in a gesture for the bandi to continue which they turned around to do.

Nusrat took a seat just to the left,behind me so she could still see me and I could see her,she smiled,"Have you heard?"

I lifted an eyebrow,keeping my head still as the bandi laid the mang in the parting of my hair,"Have I heard what?"

"Apparently,the Mukhtar of Silharbadh might be bringing a wedding proposal." I heard the humor in her voice as if she were trying to be funny but I knew like always,this would be a way for her to make a bet.

"Probably for you.I still have an elder sister who needs to get married before I can even think about getting married." I reminded Nusrat bano,as the last memory of me seeing my elder sister,Hafeeza bano,twelve years ago as ammi jaan held me in her arms as we got into a palanquin.

It was not just my elder sister who I, had last seen tweleve years ago,it had also been the last time I had seen the woman who had given birth to me and to whom I had become nothing but a forgotten memory.

The weight of a hand landed on my shoulder,bringing me out of reliving memories,I saw Nusrat bano right behind me as I noticed that my Kotbiladar had been sat on the left of my mang and my dupatta had also been sat on my head.Nusrat bano turned me around as she held my laung nath,which I took and turned to the mirror to put on.

"Do not think about the ones who are the reason you have not been able to spend your years with your father."

I smiled as I stood up,putting a hand on her arm as we begin to make our way out of the khwaab-gaah.The two bandi assigned to each of us followed us,as the other bandi stayed back.