Aaheli

Nepal, India 2 P.M.

Aaheli Moon walked with a graceful gait and a confidence that oozed from every one of her pores yet her head was held down. Aaheli wasn't used to walking down this particular dirt road but she needed to get home and she knew from details given by her friends that this road led directly to where she wanted to go. With groceries her family desperately needed clasped in one hand and her other hand enclosed around a blunt-key necklace Aaheli walked alone.

A white van with tinted windows drove by Aaheli before fishtailing around her. The vehicle circled her and she stood frozen in her tracks still clutching her blunt-key and groceries. She knew she should scream, she'd heard the stories about these vans but any noise she was capable of was caught in her throat.

Aaheli's dark hair whipped around her face in the wind the van had created as it circled. Her hair stopped her from seeing the van stop. Two men left the van and one more could be seen gripping the wheel of the van. One man stayed close to the van while the other crept ever closer to her. At the sight of a small pocket knife in the man's hand Aaheli snapped out of her initial shock.

She was retreating but it was too late, the man with the switchblade lunged for her, he caught hold of her dusty brown shawl and looped a grimy finger through one of the belt loops of the jeans Aaheli had just gotten from a Church of Christ mission trip to Nepal, her hometown.

The knife found its way to Aaheli's kneck and again she froze.

One of the man's hands crept to Aaheli's stomach, feeling her lean muscles and eventually gripping her breasts.

He was checking to see if she was going to be any good in the brothel...

He was satisfied.

His grip became tighter on Aaheli's arm and she knew this was it - they were going to take her.

No longer caring about the blade held at her collarbone Aaheli decided to practice something the Church of Christ female youth minister had taught her. The woman had called it S.I.N.G.

Aaheli's elbow found its way into the soft, pillow-like stomach of her attacker.

S

Her left foot lifted and snapped back down on the foot of the man as he groaned from her initial hit.

I

Aaheli found herself twisting around, almost free of the man's grip, as she slammed a solid fist into the man's nose and she felt a morbid sense of ...happiness when she heard a slight crunching sound.

N

The man had backed away several inches by now but he was still too close for Aaheli's liking, her right leg came up hard in a swift kick to the man's groin.

G

S.I.N.G. would've worked perfectly for Aaheli, if it weren't for the second man that had been waiting by the van.

She's forgotten about him as she'd made her plan and now she was paying for it.

He rushed her, not bothering to attempt to get a grip on her arms or legs, he tackled her to the ground. Aaheli's groceries flew from her hand but she couldn't tell you where they landed.

Her face was in the hard Nepal dirt, clogging her airways and choking her. Just as she felt like her next whiff of dirt would be her last ever Aaheli was lifted to her knees and a rag that was once white was shoved roughly over her mouth and nose. Still needing air Aaheli inhaled the sickly sweet chlorophorm and barely noticed the vicious kick her first attacker gave to her ribs as a burning sensation surrounded her lips and she blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~

Yes the use of white vans with tinted windows is cliche and no not all nabbings happen this way but I don't know anyone who has personally gone through this sort of thing and if I did I don't think I'd ask them to tell me in detail how they were forced into a brothel so deal with it. Vote for this if you want to, vote for this if you want to create awareness for sex-trafficking. The only way any problem can be fixed is if people know there is a problem.