5. A night with the team

The day of the team bonding had arrived, and Beth and Vivianne found themselves preparing for the event. Beth couldn't resist a mischievous grin as she held up her own England shorts and one of her jumpers.

"You should wear these, Viv," Beth suggested playfully. "You'll look adorable, and it'll be a little reminder of you with me."

Vivianne rolled her eyes in mock exasperation but couldn't hide her smile. She took the offered clothing and changed into them, allowing Beth to dress her up in the borrowed garments.

"There, perfect!" Beth declared, admiring her handiwork. "Now we can be matching in our own little way."

They set off for Kim Little's house, where the team bonding was to take place. The evening was filled with laughter, games, and shared memories, as the teammates strengthened their bond both on and off the field.

As the night wore on, Katie McCabe, known for her love of horror films, insisted they watch a spine-chilling movie together. The room was dimly lit, and the air was thick with anticipation and excitement.

The movie began, and the tension in the room grew palpable with every suspenseful scene. Beth tried to maintain her composure, but she couldn't help feeling a little uneasy as the eerie music filled the space.

Feeling a mix of excitement and fear, Beth shifted closer to Vivianne, seeking comfort in her presence. Vivianne welcomed her with open arms, wrapping them around Beth protectively

"It's just a movie," Vivianne whispered soothingly, feeling Beth's heart pounding against her chest.

"I know, I know," Beth replied, trying to steady her nerves. "I just... horror movies have never been my thing."

Vivianne planted a gentle kiss on Beth's forehead. "I've got you. I won't let anything happen to you, even if it's just a silly movie."

With Vivianne's comforting presence, Beth felt a sense of security. She cuddled up in Vivianne's embrace, hiding her face in her stomach during the intense moments. Vivianne stroked her hair tenderly, offering a steady anchor amidst the suspenseful scenes.

As the movie reached its climax, Beth couldn't help but peek through her fingers, even though she knew it would only make her more scared. But she couldn't resist the temptation, seeking reassurance in Vivianne's calm presence.

When the movie finally ended, the room was filled with a mix of nervous laughter and relieved sighs. Beth looked up at Vivianne with a playful pout. "I can't believe you enjoy these terrifying films!"

Vivianne chuckled, leaning down to kiss Beth's lips. "It's not so bad. Besides, I enjoyed being your protector."

With the movie behind them, the teammates settled into a relaxed and joyous atmosphere. They shared stories from their childhood, funny moments from the pitch, and dreams for the future.

As the night drew to a close, Beth and Vivianne exchanged a knowing look, grateful for the love and support they found in each other and in their incredible teammates.