CHAPTER 11

The diary fell on the ground, and stayed there, stationary.

His hands shook vigorously, so did he knees, as, very soon, he crashed on the ground along with the diary. He felt the world around him spinning, and becoming darker and darker. His chest tightened, his heart beats fastened, he was sweating profusely. He didn't know what to do, how to react. He couldn't breathe...he wanted to die.

Is this all true? Is this? It can't be...it can't be. No! Woo...its...its not true...not true...

San pulled himself together and managed to get up from the floor. He picked up the diary, and, swinging his bag on his shoulders and rubbing the tears off his face, he bolted out of the classroom and sprinted down the corridor. The rains had slackened and the gorgeous twilight sky had spread it's last ray of golden hue across the city. San ran out of the school and sped down the street, straight towards Wooyoung's house.

Memories flooded his brain, as he ran, tears streaming down his face. Memories of him and his Woo, the good times they created together, the break up, the attitude he made Woo put up with, his ruthlessness towards the boy. The more he thought, the more he cried, the more weaker he felt, the more his hatred grew towards himself. All those scribbles painfully blotted on that diary, those tear stained pages, those heart breaking incident the poor boy had to put up with made him go crazy. Still, he ran down the ran, without stopping for a second.

It's not true...It's not true at all...everything will be fine...Woo's fine...he's fine...it's not true...if it is...I'll...I'll kill myself....

San stopped in front of Wooyoung's mansion. He bolted indoors and knocked on the door. He waited for several minutes, his heart throbbing against his sunken ribs, until a maid opened it.

"I need to see Woo-"

"I'm sorry sir," the maid replied, politely, "Mr and Mrs Jung are at the hospital. Master Wooyoung is very ill. They-"

Before the maid could complete her sentence, San dashed away from that place. Luckily the hospital was near. He ran indoors and straight away to the Oncology department where cancer patients were admitted.

After looking around a bit, he quickly spotted Wooyoung's parents. He walked up to them and nervously stood a little away from them. It was until Wooyoung's father noticed him.

"San?"

San gulped and came forward. He was still in his school uniform, tightly clutching Wooyoung's diary in his arms, sweating, panting and groping for air.

"P-Please sir...I-I want t-to see W-Woo..."

Just then, the doctor and a nurse walked out of the ward. Wooyoung's parents stood up, looking too anxious. The doctor's face was unreadable, grim and serious. Before his parents could ask anything, he slowly shook his head.

"It's time, Mr and Mrs Jung. He fought a brave fight. I hope you understand."

Wooyoung's mother broke into tears, as Wooyoung's father wiped his own tears away, wrapping his wife in his arms. San was still clueless, as he was standing far away from the couple. Seeing them cry out of nowhere made his heart skip beats.

"Please doctor," requested San, coming closer to the doctor, "C-Can I please meet him once, please?" San was already fearing the worst.

No sooner did the doctor nod his head than he sprinted into the room.

San couldn't believe what he saw. Something that he perhaps never wanted to see. Lying on a white bed, wrapped in a snow white sheet, was the boy he once loved. His head was covered with a cap to hide His baldness. His eyes were shut. His face looked pale and tired, yet his lips looked so red and still so kissable. He looked like an angel, peacefully asleep. His hands were attached with so many wires connecting to various machines around him. Wooyoung looked so peaceful that San could hardly believe that he had gone through so much.