Reunited pt1

Murtasim Khan found himself overwhelmed with a torrent of emotions after Saba's departure. His mind was consumed by unanswerable questions and dreadful realizations that churned his stomach. Trying to seeking solace, he decided to go to the only place capable of providing it. He left his house, instructing his guards and Bakhtu to not follow him, craving solitude to ponder upon his troubled thoughts.

After hours of driving, he arrived in Karachi at the mosque where he once accompanied Meerab to meet her adoptive parents. This place held a unique and divine connection for him, offering an odd sort of comfort. He sensed Meerab's lingering presence here, prompting him to visit this place time after time. The memories of their first visit flooded his mind— Meeraab's shattered state when she learned about her real identity and the bitter truth of how her whole life was nothing but a lie which led her to request Murtasim to take her to Karachi so that she could seek answers from the people who she once called family. But to her dismay, she faced nothing but rejection by them once again as they refused to open the door for her, even after her relentless crying and begging. Murtasim's heart ached witnessing her vulnerability, which is why the soft words of "tum mere ghar chalo" left his mouth in order to offer her lost soul refuge at his home.

On their way back to Hyderabad, when she requested him to go to the mosque, he couldn't bring himself deny her innocent plea. When Murtasim saw Meerab crying in her prayer, the guilt of slapping her indulged his mind. He regretted his actions and felt disgusted with himself because he reacted so aggressively towards meerab when she herself was at her lowest point in life. Empathy replaced his aggression and guilt as he felt her pain. He longed to take away her suffering, erase her tears, and protect her from all evils of this world. He sincerely prayed for her wishes to come true, yearning to witness her smile again.

The memory of that day still remains clearly vivid, etched in his mind as though it happened yesterday. Henceforth, he revisited the mosque quite often, as he believed that the Almighty had intertwined their fates here, on that day. He believed that their relationship was bounded by the divine power Himself and that it shall remain unbreakable, enduring all hardships that may cross their paths. Standing before the same majestically meshed partition,
where he had once tied a thread to pray for her wishes to be fulfilled, he now begs Allah to guide him in finding his Meerab, his wife, his Ishq, for he cannot imagine a life without her any longer.

———————————————————————

Meerab's life has been a battlefield of her inner turmoils, which first emerged when she discovered that the people she once considered family were actually just strangers who raised her. Her biological father had abandoned her at birth, believing she was responsible for her mother's death. The weight of this parental trauma, combined with shattered dreams and ideals, made it difficult for her to be able to trust Murtasim, her husband whom she initially hated.

However, as time passed, Murtasim was successfully able to change the image she held of him. He proved time and again that he was nothing like she had thought of him to be —a loving, caring partner who supported her and stood up for her against all odds. As she began to reciprocate his feelings, the dreaded night of mariyam's wedding led her to make impulsive and irrational decisions that she now deeply regrets. She mourned at the loss of her own identity and essence hence, needing time to clear up the chaos of her mind and heart, that had grown to such great extent, that it conflicted with her sense of judgement and rationality. She had lost herself due to the constricting environment of the Khan Haveli, thus, she decided, that in order to figure out where her relationship with Murtasim stood and to rediscover her true self, she needed to leave.

However, in her quest to find solace and answers, Meerab realized that leaving the haveli had been a reckless choice, one she regretted deeply after the birth of Meesam. She understood that her fears had clouded her judgment, preventing her from seeing Murtasim's true intentions. She knew haya had always been plotting to destroy their marriage but in that moment of weakness, she acted rather recklessly and now the consequences of her impulsive actions has separated Meesam from her father.