Second chance pt1

This is a continuation of what happens after Murtasim leaves Meerab to Karachi in ep42💔

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the car navigated it's way, the world seemed to spin around Meerab, matching the turmoil within her racing mind. Every thought, every regret, every fear crashed against the shores of her consciousness like relentless waves, threatening to drown her in their relentless onslaught. It had been hours since the incident, yet the chaos within her showed no signs of abating.

Anas was Malik Zubair—this revelation alone was enough to shatter the fragile peace Meerab had managed to maintain. She replayed every moment leading up to Mariam's elopement, regretting each decision under the harsh light of hindsight. She blamed herself for being too trusting, too naive, for allowing herself to be swept away by Mariam's desperation without fully considering the consequences. The weight of guilt settled heavily upon her shoulders, pressing down with each passing moment.

And then there was Murtasim—his steadfast presence both a source of comfort and torment. Despite the turmoil raging within him over his missing sister, he had remained by Meerab's side, offering words of reassurance that only worsen her guilt. His unwavering belief in her should have been a balm to her troubled soul, but instead, it felt like a cruel reminder of her betrayal.

The memory of their confrontation, of Murtasim's pleading eyes searching for a glimmer of truth in her own, haunted her relentlessly. "Tumhare humari mohabbat ki kasam hai, Meerab. Sabko faramosh kardun ga sirf tumpe yakeen karun ga," his words echoed in her mind, each syllable a dagger to her already wounded heart. She wanted desperately to ease his pain, to mend the rift she had inadvertently caused, but the truth stood like an impenetrable barrier between them.

And now, as Murtasim drove her back to Karachi, the silence between them stretched taut, suffocating in its intensity. Meerab felt numb, disconnected from the world around her as she struggled to come to terms with the magnitude of her actions. Everything that had transpired in recent months flashed before her eyes, a dizzying kaleidoscope of pain and uncertainty.

From her abandonment by the people she once called family to the shocking revelation of her true identity and subsequent marriage to Murtasim, it all felt like a surreal nightmare from which she could not wake. How had she ended up here, caught in a web of mistrust and isolation? The answer eluded her, slipping through her fingers like grains of sand.

But amidst the chaos of her thoughts, one thing remained painfully clear—abandonment loomed on the horizon once more, a specter waiting to claim her once again. The future seemed desolated, the path ahead obscured by the shadows of her past. And as the miles stretched out before them, Meerab could only cling to the fragile hope that somehow, someway, she would find redemption in the eyes of the man who loved her.

As the car jolted to an abrupt stop, Meerab's heart raced, her anxiety reaching a fever pitch. With a heavy thud, Murtasim swung open his door and stormed towards her side, his demeanor a stark contrast to the usual warmth she had grown accustomed to. She remained frozen in her seat, unable to tear her gaze away from him as he approached.

"Tumse kaha tha ke aisa kuch mat karna, bardast nahi kar paun ga mein," his voice was a mixture of anger and hurt, but what struck Meerab the most was the absence of his usual tenderness. Every word that spilled from his lips pierced through her like shards of glass, each syllable carrying the weight of his disappointment and pain. It was as though a chasm had opened up between them, swallowing the love and understanding he once showered upon her.

Silence enveloped them like a suffocating shroud as Murtasim grasped her wrist, his grip tighter than she had ever felt before. The intensity of his gaze bore into her soul, stripping away the facade she had carefully constructed to shield herself from the truth. In that moment, she could see the depth of his pain reflected in his eyes, a pain she had inflicted upon him with her own hands.

"Tumhe tumhari marzi ki azadi mubarak," his words cut through the heavy silence like a sharp blade, each syllable dripping with bitterness and resentment, making Meerab's heart drop. The weight of his disappointment hung heavy in the air, suffocating her with its intensity. With a final, resounding slam of the door, Murtasim retreated to his seat, leaving Meerab standing alone in the wake of his departure, the echoes of their unspoken yet shattered love reverberating in her ears.

As the engine roared to life, its thunderous growl drowning out the remnants of their relationship, Meerab felt as though she stood at the edge of an abyss, staring into the darkness of her own making. The car pulled away, leaving her stranded in a sea of regrets, the taillights fading into the distance like a distant memory.

"Khudko aur mujhe sambhal lena," Murtasim's vulnerable plea echoed in her mind, a stark reminder of the intimate moment they had shared just last night. The memory of Murtasim's misty eyes and vulnerability, a side unknow to everyone, from the night before flooded her mind—a stark reminder of the love she had callously disregarded. His plea for her to take care of him, to be his anchor in the storm of life, now haunted her like a specter of remorse.

She wanted desperately to scream, to beg Murtasim to understand that her intentions had been pure, that she had only sought to protect Mariam from the same fate that had befallen her. But her voice remained trapped within her, muffled by the suffocating grip of her guilt.

Tears welled up in Meerab's eyes, blurring her vision as she watched Murtasim's car fade into the distance, swallowed by the vast expanse of the road ahead. The weight of her remorse threatened to crush her, suffocating her with its relentless grip, as she stood alone in the silence of the night, grappling with the wreckage of her actions.

"Tum mere ghar chalo," Murtasim's voice echoed in her mind like a distant memory, a beacon of solace in the midst of her turmoil. In that moment, his offer had felt like a lifeline, a promise of safety and sanctuary amidst the chaos of her fractured and meaningless existence. But now, as she stood on the deserted road, abandoned once again, the echoes of his words served only to deepen her sense of desolation.

The house loomed before her, a silent lookout of her past, its familiar facade now a haunting reminder of the shattered dreams and broken promises that lay within. Once filled with warmth and laughter, it now stood as a hollow shell, devoid of the love and belonging she had once known.

Murtasim had left her at the very doorstep he had once taken her away from, a cruel irony that pierced her heart like a dagger. How could he expect her to return to a place that had closed its doors to her, to faces that had turned away when she needed them most? The sense of betrayal cut deeper than any physical wound, leaving her feeling abandoned, isolated, and utterly alone.

As Meerab stood before the silent house, her heart ached with the weight of her loneliness. The once-familiar structure loomed over her like a silent witness to her pain, its windows dark and uninviting, mirroring the emptiness she felt within. Deserted and adrift, Meerab felt like a ship lost at sea, tossed about by the merciless waves of fate. With nowhere to turn, no one to call her own, she felt as though she had been cast out into the cold, unforgiving night, grappling with the harsh reality of her existence.

Each promise, each declaration of love, now felt like cruel illusions, taunting her with their falsehood. The warmth of affection she had once known seemed like a distant memory, a mirage that had vanished with the rising tide of betrayal. As she stood alone in the darkness, Meerab couldn't help but question her worth, her place in a world that had cast her aside so ruthlessly.

Was she truly nothing more than an object to be tossed around like this? Had her mistakes been too great to make her unworthy of any love? Was it truly her fate to be abandoned every time? The weight of these questions bore down on her like a heavy burden, suffocating her with their relentless insistence. Tears flowed from her eyes, blurring her vision as she struggled to make sense of the chaos within her soul.

With a trembling sigh, Meerab sank to her knees, the hard pavement offering no solace for her weary heart. A deep, guttural groan escaped her lips, echoing through the stillness of the night, a raw expression of her pain and despair. Her body shook with each sob, the waves of grief crashing over her with unrelenting force.

She wept not only for the love she had lost but for the loss of her identity, her dreams, her very sense of self. Each tear that fell was a silent testament to the wounds that scarred her soul, a poignant reminder of the loneliness that engulfed her like a suffocating fog.

In that moment of profound vulnerability, Meerab felt as though she was drowning in a sea of her own tears, consumed by the darkness that threatened to swallow her whole.

No one wanted her, no one cared if she existed or not. As she continued to cry out into the night, her anguish reverberated off the walls of the deserted street, a haunting echo of her loneliness and isolation. The silence that greeted her cries only served to deepen her sense of desolation, each unanswered sob a stark reminder of her perceived worthlessness in the eyes of the very people who claimed to love her.

With each passing moment, the darkness seemed to close in around Meerab, enveloping her in its cold embrace like a suffocating cloak. The streetlights, mere flickers of distant hope, cast long, eerie shadows that danced mockingly at the edges of her vision. They seemed to whisper cruelly, taunting her with their indifference to her suffering, as she cried and cried, with no one there to offer her comfort.