The Void

Once upon a time, in the hidden heart of France, a handsome young prince lived in a beautiful castle.

Although he had everything his heart desired the prince was selfish and unkind.

"Master, it's time.." A voice speaks to the young prince sitting infront of a mirror.

He taxed the village to fill his castle with the most beautiful objects.

And his parties with the most beautiful people.

Thr prince enters the ballroom filled with people wearing the most amazing ball gowns and suits. A lady wearing a shimmering ball gown is standing on a stage, as the prince looks at the crowd he snaps his finger, and at that motion the band starts playing some music and the lady begins singing. The young prince walks to the throne and sits.

The crowd filled with girls start to dance in unison, the young prince sitting in his throne watching them. The girls begin to bow all together as the prince stands up and walks up to the the girls as they begin to dance once again together. The prince goes to a pair and join into their dance walking in circles, the lady by the band begins to sing.

"Oh, how divine. Glamour, music and magic combine"

As the people stills dance the prince moves onto another pair of girls joining them in their dance.

"See the maidens so anxious to shine."

The prince continues to move from girl to girl now dancing one with one is a ballroom waltz.

"Look for a sign that enhances chances, She'll be his special one."

The young prince ends up in the middle of the ballroom dance floor as the girls dance all around him, twirling around. They all look at him as they move towards and backwards from him.

"What a display, What a breathtaking, thrilling array, Ev'ry prince Ev'ry dog has his day."

The girls start to circle the young prince, making him move through the crowd as the girls continue to move smiling at him as they do so.

"Let us sing with passion, gusto, fit to bust, oh not a care in the world."

As they keep dancing and the Lady continues singing to the music the band plays a loud knock is heard on the window, that shows the outside world. The music stops and the Lady goes quiet. they girls stop dancing as they all gasp. Thunder is heard crackling outside in the storm that is set.

Then one night an unexpected intruder arrived at the castle.

A women wearing a clock walks into the ballroom, she keeps her hood covering her face as she walks into the ballroom and kneals to the floor, The young prince grabs a candle stick as he walks to her. A old lady looks up at him.

seeking shelter from the bitter storm. As a gift, she offered the prince, a single rose.

The young prince begins to laugh at her, he turns and looks at everyone else who also begins to laugh at her. He picks up the rose from her hands.

Repulsed by her haggard appearance, the prince turned the woman away.

He drops the rose from his hands as he lets it falls to the ground infront of her. He turns around to look at the crowd behind him.

But she warned him not to be deceived by appearances.

The chandales start to shake, as the young prince looks back at the old hag. He looks at her, she starts to reach out for the rose as under clock it begins to glow a bright yellow. She picks up the rose as she begins to rise and stand up.

When he dismissed her again, the old woman's outward appearance melted away.

The young prince begins to back away as he stares at the old hag as her cloak falls to the floor as the glowing light shines brighter. The crowd behind the young prince alos begins to back away holding onto each other.

To reveal a beautiful enchantress.

The old hag starts to levitate as the old hag is now a beautiful lady glowing bright yellow, wearing a licious dress. The young prince falls to his knees looking up at her as some girls scream at the sight of the enchantress, the crowd starts to run away towards the entrance as the young prince looks back at them as they run away.

The prince begged for forgiveness, but it was too late. For she had seen that there was no love in his heart.

The young prince looks at the enchantress with begging eyes.

"Liam! Liam! Oh, my!" A young boy runs through the crowd as he looks at the scene, a women follows him shouting his name she looks at the scene as she grabs hold of the boy in shock.

As punishment she transformed him into a hideous beast. And placed a powerful spell on the castle and all who lived there.

The enchantress points the rose to him as the young prince covers his face as he shouts in agony. His workers who lived in the castle watch in horror as they hold onto each other.

As days bled into years the prince and his servants were forgotten by the world. For the enchantress had erased all memory of them from the minds of the people they loved. But the rose she had offered was truly an enchanted rose. If he could learn to love another and earn their love in return by the time the last petal fell, the spell would be broken. If not, he would be doomed to remain a beast for all time.

As the years passed, he fell into despair and lost all hope.

For who could ever learn to love a beast?