Music Box

Y/N walks to her house as she keeps looking back making sure Theo is not following her. As she gets closer to her house she can hear a medaley playing from beyind the door that leads to her basement, She smiles slightly as she starts to head down there.

Y/N father is sitting at a table with a music box shaped as a building roof, inside is a scene of a man painting a women and a child with a medley is playing from it. Y/N father is fixing it up, as he hums along to the medley.

"How does a moment last forever."

"How can a story never die." Y/N walks into the space her father is in as she holds a plate with the bread she bought.

"it is love we must hold on to."

"Never easy but we try."

"Sometimes our happiness is captured."

"Somehow a time and place stand still." Y/N father looks at the painting on the wall which is the same in the music box as Y/N looks to her left and sees sketches of the women in the painting.

"Love lives on inside our hearts."

"And always will."

After he is finished Y/N walks to wards him with the plate in hand.

"Oh, Y/N" Y/N father looks up at her as Y/N places the plate next to him on the table. He takes a piece out of the music box as he hold it in his hand.

"Hmm. Could you... Hand me a..." As Y/N fathers looks at the music box he tries to think abouot what he needs but before he could say it Y/N shows what he needs to him , standing behind him as he sits on the chair.

"Thank you." Y/N father smiles briefly before taking the tool off of her, doing what he needed to do.

"And I also need... No. No. No." Y/N father shakes his head at what Y/N has should him, as he takes a second look.

"Actually... yes, that's exactly what I need. Thank you." He takes the took the piece of metal of Y/N as he places it in the music box piece.

"Papa, do you think I'm odd?" Y/N asks him suddenly as she picks up a idfferent invention and walks to the other side of the table and places it not looking at him.

"Odd? My daughter? Odd? Where did you get an idea like that?" He looks at her sadly, he knows what the town people say about him and Y/N but he ignores them.

"I don't know. People talk." Y/N looks at her father as she messes with stuff at the end of the table.

"This is a small village, you know. Small minded as well. But small also means safe." Y/N fathers looks at her as she moves some stuff out of a way of a box.

"Even back in Paris, I knew a girl like you, who was so..." Y/N moves a box across the room as she sits down and looks at her father.

"So different. People mocked her. Until the day they all found themselves imitating her." Y/N fathers looks at her as he smiles softly at the memoires.

Y/N stand slowly and slowly walks closer to her father as she thinks for a second, both sitting in silence for a moment.

"Please, just tell me one more thing about her." Y/N looks at her father softly as she stands next to him. As he stares at the music box as the wings move slowly in circles.

"Your mother was... fearless." He speaks to Y/N, as he smiles at her. Y/N smiles back at the thought of what her mother was like, all the great things her father has told her in the past all the small things.

"Fearless." He smiles at Y/N before he closes the music box.

Y/N and her father are both outside as Y/N father goes on their horse, Y/N helps her father get up and make sure the carage is attached to the horse still.