Introduction

In the enchanting world of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, where mystery lays around every corner, a brooding young wizard walks the corridors carrying the weight of his fathers infamous legacy. With the arrival of y/n, a transfer student from Beaubaxtons, an enigmatic attraction is ignited within him. Haunted by emotions in y/n's presence that remain unfamiliar to him, Mattheo stays within the shadows, examining her every move, drawn by an inexplicable force. As their connection deepens, the wizard must face his fears and unravel a tale of shadows and secrets to her. Will the transformative power of love break them free from the past, or will darkness consume them both?

-

Authors note

Before the story kicks off, I'd like to clarify a couple of matters, sorry in advance for the lengthy authors note, I'm absolutely incapable of writing in a brief way.

For now, my updates will be regular. Until I start my first year of university this September, which is when promising regular updates can become tricky.

There's many explicit and dark themes discussed in this story. Varying from stalking, to self-inflicting behavior and many others. I'm afraid I'll lose track if I try to list them all, so let this be your one warning. If, for whatever reason, you don't feel comfortable reading about dark topics, maybe this is not the story for you.

English is not my first language, nor do I have any experience in writing. I do enjoy reading, I'm intrigued by anything that crosses my path, but I tend to stick to literature, preferably historical or psychological. Though, this does not stop me from wanting to read something light occasionally, such as fanfiction I must admit. I'm aware that the topics discussed in this story aren't light, but the simple writing style makes it accessible for me as a first writing experience and I hope that, although I might lack experience in writing and I might lack the ability to express certain notions in English, you will end up enjoying my story just as much as I enjoy writing it.

This story unfolds in the fifth year of Harry Potters journey at Hogwarts; however, the ages will differ from the original story. The ages from the fifth-year students will vary from 18 to 19 years old, depending on their birthdate. I figured it would be more fitting to the themes discussed in this story.

I do not own any of the characters in this story, apart for this version of y/n. Credits to the other characters mentioned in this story go to J.K. Rowling, Yasmine Amaro (Mattheo Riddle) and babynaomi (Lorenzo Berkshire). I'd appreciate it if any of my readers could correct me if I made a mistake with the mentioned creators of these characters and if I missed any, thank you.

-

The story's characters

I presume you, my readers, are aware of who all of the Harry Potter characters are, including the fancasts. Which is why I've only mentioned the two main characters below. Any other details about them will lay in the shadows until you meet them in my story.

 Any other details about them will lay in the shadows until you meet them in my story

y/n

I won't be giving any explicit details regarding y/n's looks. However, I do consider the y/n in my story female, mostly to easen my writing experience. I hope that this ensures enough inclusivity as I'm able to create for you in my story.

Mattheo Marvolo Riddle

Mattheo's fancast is known as Marcus Arguello Lopez from the series 'Deadly Class' and the actor playing this character: Benjamin Wadsworth.

-

Final note

Dear Readers,

Thank you for joining me on this enchanting journey into the world of "Shadows of the heart" As mysteries unfold and shadows dance, a tale of love, secrets, and redemption awaits. I hope you find enchantment within my words and enjoy the captivating essence of my story.

With love, me.