Chapter 1 - Whispers of fate

The summer's warmth is gradually relinquishing its grasp to the looming embrace of autumn. A thick fog hovers over London and long shadows of busy travellers are cast against the walls of Kings cross station, while their footsteps echo hollowly against the cold, hard pavement.

Amidst the bustling activity of the station, there stands a figure whose piercing gaze scans the surroundings with a keenness that seems to see through people, making people instinctively give him a wide berth. His expressions are subtle, revealing nothing of his thoughts or emotions, leaving others to wonder what lies behind the menacing mask he wears so well. He remains a solitary soul, an alluring puzzle that the world cannot quite unravel, leaving his true nature shrouded in the shadows of his heart

Smoke enters his lungs as he takes a long drag of his cigarette, and his eyes continue to scan the area as he finds himself standing against a pillar. He then looks up at the imposing clock upon the station, its hands ticking away the seconds with an almost melancholic pace, as time slowly encounters the departure of the Hogwarts Express.

His gaze fixates on an enigmatic face passing him, a girl who is seemingly the only one to pique his interest amidst the commotion inside the station. He locks eyes with the girl, whose facial expression he cannot seem to decipher. Frustrated with himself and the way he let a mere muggle disrupt his composure, he flicks his cigarette to the ground. Then, to his surprise, she vanishes through the barrier of Platform 9 ¾, leaving only a fleeting image of her etched in his mind. Driven by an inexplicable urge, he takes determined strides, following her path.