The Acrobat fell.

[Published; 8/6/23

Edited; 4/5/24]

Present Boba A/n: I took the tw away after rereading it, it isn't as bad as i made it sound lol.

Past Boba A/n: Alr imma stop ghosting y'all that was the introduction for Arc 2. (Last chapter) I just felt like it would be funny to add zero context 👩🏾‍🦯😋. ( P!Boba: It wasn't funny, it made me die of 2nd hand embarrassment)

 ( P!Boba: It wasn't funny, it made me die of 2nd hand embarrassment)

M/n was silent after the match. There were no encouraging words, no faith to hold on to, just silence.

Some people found it strange, but the best of them left him alone to his thoughts. Why would it matter?

Other than the first match, everything else was lost. It was embarrassing to even cheer at the first win, what was there to be happy at? The small string of luck? They lost. 2-5. This wasn't the first time, no, in fact, this was their last time.

Once they left the field their life would be turned back to their normal routine. He would be dragged back to the life of cameras, fame, signatures, no privacy, loneliness.

Damnit.. M/n faced the double doors and watched as his teammates exited slowly. He got up and wiped the tears daring to fall. "M/n-" M/n quickly shushed him, avoiding anything he possibly had to say.

"Don't miss me, its better to just forget I came here and win for the both of us." With that, he continued forward, the last thing he wanted was for his last memory to be of him crying. It was better this way, they always separate friends in the beginning, but what about the end?

Walking to the locker room, he quickly showered and changed into the standard outfit, leaving the only trace of him which was a (favorite gem) necklace and a sticky note.

"Jeez, what are you rushing for?" Dokomo, the goalie of team X joked, "i'm avoiding someone, it takes a lot of consideration." M/n replied, sliding his shoes on.

"Damn you two broke up after the match? The things football do to a man," a crash sounded across the room as m/n paused averting his eyes. "....No, we were never together to begin with."

"But you wish, don't you?"

"I wouldn't wish anything if the feelings aren't mutual. We should go now, it's almost time for dinner and I want to avoid stares." M/n picked up his small bag of belongings and headed towards the door. The rest of the teammates noticed the quick change of subjects but decided to drop it.

🕳️

The walk to the exit felt mortifying, it was one thing to fail, but being watched by the winners who either felt pity or the urge to laugh was even worse.

"Ugh.."

"Don't cry, idiot."

"I'm not, my eyes are just red from lack of sleep."