Tampering

Hello and welcome to the third chapter of The Boy from the Sea!

(P.S. Remix of the remix.)

Enjoy!!!

-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.-

Izuku's POV: 

I wake up in the room I woke up in before, disoriented. 

What happened? That thing Kirishima called cake was really good, but then I got really dizzy and sleepy...

???: Good, you're awake.

I look around frantically. It's getting darker outside now, and I can't see very well. But I can see the outline of a person in the shadows of dusk.

???: Who are you, and what are you doing in Kirishima's castle?

Me: I am Izuku-

I stop, and everything goes blank for a moment. I blink and look around again. The light of morning is outside, and all is quiet. Something feels different, but I can't tell what. It doesn't matter.

What was that? What a weird dream. Oh well...

Shinso's POV:

Me: Who are you, and what are you doing in Kirishima's castle?

The boy nods like he knows what to do.

Boy: I am Izuku-

I breathe a sigh of relief as I feel my Quirk activate.

Now I can properly protect Prince Kirishima. This guy is way to suspicious. I'll get him to admit why he's really here, and Prince Kirishima will get rid of him.

Me: Why are you here?

He answers in a monotone voice immediately.

Izuku: I do not know. Prince Kirishima told me I might have amnesia.

Yeah right, like I'd believe that! But my Quirk never lies...

Me: What do you know about Prince Kirishima?

Izuku: He is very kind and has strange red hair. He is also a Prince, so I must obey him or be punished.

Me: Punished? What kind of punishment?

Izuku frowns. If someone can't answer a question but knows they should be able to, that's the reaction that shows. Which means someone else has tampered with his memory. I move on.

Me: Where are you from?

Izuku: I do not know.

Me: What is your last name?

Izuku: I do not know.

Me: How old are you?

Izuku: I do not know.

Me: What is your Quirk?

Izuku: I do not know.

Me: Do you remember anything at all!?

Izuku: Toru. It is a name, I think.

I growl in frustration. This guy clearly doesn't know anything. But Prince Kirishima might still be in danger... If he were to harm the prince, what could be at the root of that? I think for a second, and inhale as I get my answer.

Emotions. Emotions are the root of everything, bad or good. So, I'll just... Shut down his emotions until I'm sure he's safe. Yeah, that'll work.

I feel a little guilty about what I'm about to do, but I know it's necessary to ensure Prince Kirishima's safety.

Me: When I leave this room, you will fall asleep. You won't have any emotions whatsoever and will go with the flow of everything. Your emotions will return when Kirishima feels completely safe around you. You won't remember any of this conversation, and you will forget about me. You will wake up at 8:00 A.M. exactly, and it will only feel as if you blinked for a second longer than usual.