Other Worlds

(Age 20)

Down in Arda in a kingdom, Thranduil awoke to the soft glimmer of light from the sun, the silken sheets of his bed cool under his skin. He blinked, his long, dusty brown lashes fanning across his milky white skin. He grimaced at the ting of pain that stung him with his every move of his body. He sat up, clenching his fist tightly in his hands. He hated this. He hated that his face, something he treasured so greatly, was disfigured by the dragon. The dragon also killed his wife.

It may be true that she was not his soul mate, hers having died centuries before they met. However, he loved her. With a pinched scowl, he sat up to stare at the monster in the mirror. The ghastly holes in the left side of his face had muscles so ruined by dark magic they could never be healed. That deep cut that ran up his face and the various burn scars on the upper left side of his body pained him for years and years. The dark magic continued to eat at his flesh, never disappearing, never leaving him alone. This was a result of dragon fire.

His left eye was blind as well, murky, blue, and unseeing. It throbbed with a horrible ache, which greatly spoiled his mood. He rarely smiled these days. The pain reminded him during his every wakening moment of all his faults, his worries, and his sorrow. Each day, he had to cast a glamour on himself to even dare to walk out of his room. Sometimes, he would question the Valar, wondering what he had done in his previous life to have to suffer this fate. This fate of constantly bearing great pain, shouldering the lives of his people and being without a soul mark.

Every living creature that walked Middle Earth were blessed with another half, their soul mates. While men were known to not have a soul mark, unlike the other races. Elves, however, appear to glow to their other halves. It is how they find each other, as well as having symbol tattooed on their skin that represented them. Not to mention, the soulmate of an elf would appeal to the elf beyond measure. This was how elves found their true love.

Thranduil cried out in pain and fell to the floor gasping, his forearm was on fire. Removing his tunic,  he stared in shock at his arm before a smile tugged at his lips.

 Removing his tunic,  he stared in shock at his arm before a smile tugged at his lips

It was a strange creature but it represented his soulmate.

Back on Earth in a town in Italy
The Volturi kings roared out in pain as their soulmark formed on their right forearm. As their pain eased they looked at each others arms smiling, they didn't care if they shared a mate it just meant they would be better protected.

Calling for Demetri who could use the marks to find them. He studied them for a long time before placing his hand on Marcus'.

"London, masters." Demitri spoke with a grin.

Severus Snape was almost running back to Hogwarts and to the Headmaster's office.

Slamming open the door he paid no attention to Minerva, Filius or Pomona.

"I have found her!"

"Where?" Albus was giddy he'd get his pawn back.

"She'll be in London tonight at a wizarding bar called 'hell'. The Dark Lord will also be there along with Lucius, Narcissa and Bellatrix."

"Oh Albus, we must go protect her." Minerva exclaimed.

"I would like to go myself." Filius spoke up.

"I will stay here and watch the school." Pomona suggested.

"Then it's agreed the six of us will go to this bar, while Pomona looks after the students." Albus agreed.

"Six?" Severus questioned with an eyebrow raised.

"Yes we'll bring Ronald and Hermione along. She might respond better to someone her own age." Albus beamed eyes twinkling merrily.

"On your head be it." Filius sighed this wouldn't go the way Albus wanted after all he knew Sakura, had taught her and was proud of what she had achieved so far.

Severus knew this was a mistake, after learning what Sakura had endured because of Albus he was furious, now he was excited to finally see his best friends daughter.

After dinner in the Great Hall the group of six departed.