Chapter One: My oh my

Summer seemed boring. It was only the fifth day of summer break and I was already on the verge of insanity. The air was dry, the sun seemed to beam on only my house, and my best friends had moved in with me. Don't get me wrong, they're amazing roommates, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss my peace and quiet. Me and my best friends attend Cypress college in Orange County, California. Life was going great. I had a boyfriend and I was going to school close to home with my three bestest friends... things seemed to be heading the right direction. That was until 4 months ago that my now ex-boyfriend left me for some bag of hair. When you're with someone for almost a year and they do the unbelievable it leaves an empty spot in your heart for a really long time. These days I just try to focus on myself and I have my friends to help me along the way. But as always, shit can't go perfectly for too long. I was sitting in my room in a daze when there was a knock on my door.

"Knock knock," I looked up and saw Bella, my best friend since the 5th grade. "Hey, Cameron's back with the food. Come and eat." All I heard was food and all of a sudden I was running out of my room and into our kitchen.

"You got Harry's???? God, I love you." I looked at Cameron as she laughed.

We had put on the movie Friday as we ate. We were laughing our asses off when we heard the doorbell ring. Lindsay, my childhood best friend, went up to get it.

"What the hell do you think you're doing here??" We all looked towards Lindsay's direction.

"Linds, who is it?"

"See for yourselves." She opened the door to where we all could see and I felt my heart drop to my ass. It was my ex-boyfriend. Oscar.

"What are you doing here..?" I got up and went over to the door.

"I need to ask you something." He said.

"I'm listening."

"Ok. Well.. I kinda forgot to tell my parents that we broke up and they kinda want you over for dinner tonight.." My eyes went wide.

"Oscar."

"Yeah?..".

"HOW DO YOU FORGET TO TELL YOUR PARENTS THAT WE BROKE UP WHEN IT'S BEEN MORE THAN 4 MONTHS AND YOU STARTED DATING SOMEONE ELSE???!!"

"I never wanted to tell them !! They love you so much it would have broken their hearts!" He said.

"Well maybe all 3 of us would have made a club called 'Oscar Broke Our Hearts' ."

"Okay okay I get it. But could you please come to dinner at my parents house tonight??"

"And pretend to be your girlfriend still? Oh I don't fucking think so." I was about to shut the door when Oscar put his hand up to stop it. I opened the door again and just stood there. Looking at Oscar not knowing what to say. "Alright, fine. I'll do it. But only because I have nothing better to do. And I actually like your parents." I said with a sigh.

"YES !! Oh my gosh thank you so much angel! You're the best!" He kissed me on the cheek then left. I turned back around and closed the door. My friends looked at me with open mouths.

"What..just..happened??! Did he just call you angel?!" Cameron said, almost yelling.

"I-..I don't know.. he used to call me angel all the time. It must've just slipped out.." I said quietly.

"You just can't get away from him, huh?" Bella said.

"Oh god. What have I gotten myself into..?"

"A situation where you have to now pretend that you're still dating your shitty ex-boyfriend just to please his parents." Lindsay said.