It's Raining Hard Tonight

It's pouring the rain as I ran inside my outfit was soaked I tried to be as quiet as I can as I sneak back into my parents house. Even though I'm 22 years old my parents don't trust me but hell they don't trust anyone and as I'm taking off my shoes I see a light in the kitchen It's 4:30am nobody should be up. I slowly walked near the kitchen and take a look around there's glass everywhere and blood in a couple of places I then realized how quiet the house was whatever happened wasn't good. I decided I'm leaving this hell hole I run upstairs and pack as fast as I can nobody's home so I have to hurry before someone comes back. I'm in my car driving away but once I'm a couple of miles away I pull to the side of the road I can't stop thinking about and wondering what my parents had done. I knew it was them cause this isn't the first time this has happened I've spent my whole life taking care of my parents messes and being judged because of it. The only person who ever under stood was my best friend Brooke everything got worse after she moved to New York City a year ago. I understood why she left even though she had a good family she had to get out of Jackson KY. I picked up my phone and called her hoping she would answer I sat there biting my lip as it rang and rang until the line picked up. Jace answered the phone you could tell he had been asleep but me and Jace had only hung out once when Brooke first met him so I just asked him to put Brooke on the phone. I felt terrible waking them up but I have nobody else the first thing she asked was if everything was okay but I didn't know what to tell her I didn't want to worry her so I just asked if I could stay with her. She asked Jace and they said it was okay but when she asked me when I wanted to I told her today and she knew instantly something was wrong and tried to convince me to wait since it was a 10hr and 45 min drive. But I couldn't I had to leave after I got her to calm down I got off the phone and started to drive it was going to be one long one. I still can't stop thinking about what happened I blocked both of my parents but honestly they probably wont even realize I left but I had to be careful.

15 hours later

I finally arrived at her apartment she had a place with her boyfriend Jace they got it when she moved here It wasn't big but It had two bedrooms and I'm so glad they have the spare bedroom so I don't have to sleep on the couch. I called her to let her know I was here and she came running outside she pretty much tackled me in a hug. I had missed my best friend I hated her living so far and not getting to see her much when she let go she started asking me so many questions like "what took you so long?" "what happened to your hair?" etc... Jace came out laughing and told Brooke to let me get inside first. He grabbed some of my bags and I grabbed the rest Jace was 6ft and very muscular with only a few tattoos he had light brown hair with green eyes he was no doubt Brookes type. Brooke was only 5'5 so he towered over her and seeing her make goofy faces at him made me smile she has always been able to make me smile no matter what. Brooke hadn't change much since I last saw her she still had long blonde hair and a smile that took up her whole face but you could tell how much more comfortable she was here vs back home. Me and her had been friends since we were in high school and she never cared what people thought about me and my family. We walked inside and put my bags in the living room everything was so clean and cozy you could tell Brooke did the decorating. Up and down the walls next to the stairs were posters of Jace and his band we first met him at one of his concerts and he was instantly hitting on Brooke. The upstairs had only the master bedroom which was Brooke and Jace's but I would be staying down stairs in the guest bedroom.

 The upstairs had only the master bedroom which was Brooke and Jace's but I would be staying down stairs in the guest bedroom

I told Brooke that I'm going to shower and go to sleep and when I woke up I would tell her everything. I hugged her and thanked Jace and Brooke for doing this I grabbed my bag and turned to walk away when Brooke said there's one more thing and I could tell I wasn't going to like it. Wait what! was all I could manage to say when they told me I had to share the room cause It was no longer a guest bedroom Jace's best friend Parker had moved in a couple of months ago. Brooke looked at me and said "I'm sorry I didn't tell you before but I knew you wouldn't come and stay if I had". She's not wrong I probably would have just slept in my car or something else but she should have told me when I first got here. I looked at her and Jace but what was I supposed to do I drove all the way here and now I can either sleep in a bed with a guy I don't know or leave and be screwed. Jace told me he had talked to Parker and told him not to mess with me and that everything will be fine. After talking a bit with both of them I decided I would stay even though I didn't like this idea I went to the bathroom and hopped in the shower. It felt so good having hot water hit me my muscles where so sore from the drive and I was so tired I finished up and got dressed in my pajamas. I walked toward the bedroom and walked in when I opened the door I ran straight into a hard bare chest and fell on my ass hard.