After

I know you cared. I am aware that you missed me. I watched you go and place flowers on my grave. Did I know you in my past? I do not remember most of it. Bits and pieces, but that is all. You are a very attractive human being, but I am not one to understand love-not yet. I have not gotten that far. I am still in training, you see.

Vision is a most excellent teacher.

I watch as the couple turned away from the grave; there are tears in the mother's eyes. The father rest his chin on her hair for a beat before there is a flash of green energy, and they are gone. My own hair is hidden beneath my deep purple hood. The unusual ash-white color of it can be unnerving for some. I understand this. None except for Vision have seen me in this form.

There he is-the young man. The one my thoughts were directed towards before the couple appeared. Pitch-black hair, dark eyes. Do I know these people who visit the false burial place of what they believe are my remains? They seem so familiar, but as if from a dream that is fading from my mind. I watch as the boy places a white rose at the base of the tombstone. He, too, vanishes after a few minutes.

Vision says I can't show myself to them. Not yet. They are not ready, and for that matter, neither am I. I agree with him. These people are in pain. I would surely make it worse. I understand pain; I understand it is necessary, but I do not encourage it.

I am for life.

When night is said and done, and the sun has risen once again, I walk. I start at the graveyard, and make my way East along the sidewalk. I must be heading back soon; I have so much left to learn. A chain-link fence separates me from the small school children laughing and playing on the playground, but that doesn't stop a young girl with blonde, curly hair, and sea green eyes from running over and staring up at me.

"You're pretty," She says without shame. I bend down so I am level with her, and give her a small smile.

"And you are beautiful," I reply.

"Thank you," she giggles.

"I'm afraid I must get going," I tell her, and stand up to walk away.

"Wait!" She calls. I turn to look back at her.

"Yes?"

"What's your name?"

The question puzzles me for a moment. I am not aware of my name, and Vision has not yet given me one. Suddenly a word comes to my head, and for some odd reason, it seems fit. I can't understand where it is from, however, and do not know who gave it to me, but some innate part of my soul knows that I loved them.

"Hela," I tell the young girl.

"My name is Hela."

And somewhere, deep inside of me, a flame sparked.