Chapter 2

Chapter 2 – Leah's POV

Man City at home today. I'm excited waiting in the changing rooms, we had music playing. Obviously chosen by me.

Lining up with our mascots, we walk out onto the pitch. Waiting for the whistle to blow and the match to start I scan around the side of the pitch. It was a great turn out, since the Euro's our match attendance has just grown, it's incredible.

The match ends 2-0 to us. All the girls are so happy, as is Jonas and the coaching staff. After our team talk we wonder around the pitch thanking the fans for coming, signing autographs and taking pictures, it's the way we can truly show how thankul we are for the support.

After 20 minutes going down the line, I spot a girl stood next to Tom, one of the security guys here. I lean against the side railing and say

"Did you want a picture?" she doesn't look my way, very much in the conversation. Tom looks at me and I point tilt my head to her to see if he gets the message that I'm trying to talk to her.

She looks over at me, cheeks covered in blush, purely from embarrassment. I repeat my question.

"Did you want a picture?"

"With who?" she said

"With me?" I laugh

"Oh, sorry, in my own little world! No, it's okay I'm sure you want to get away I won't keep you!"

"I don't mind" I told her.

Tom gave her an encouraging push forward towards the barrier.

"This is very kind of you" she takes her phone out and we take a selfie.

"You come here a lot don't you". I say, recognising her.

"Yeah, every match"

"You used to be here with an older lady, didn't you?"

"Yeah, my Grandma, she unfortunately passed away so I continue to come. How did you know?"

"I'm sorry about that, well it's a small ground and we do look round spot the familiar faces after a while" I laughed.

"It's okay, it was one of her favourite things to do and I love coming so it's a nice break from work"

"What do you do for work?" I asked.

"Uh I work in PR & marketing"

"Oh that's cool, do you enjoy it?"

"Yeah, I love it, keeps me busy hahah"

"That's good!" I look around "Well I better go, thanks for coming"

"No worries, great match!"

I turn to run away I call out "Be sure to tag me on insta with our selfie yeah?"smiling to myself.

Running into the dressing room Katie comes up to me

"You were in demand today ey"

"Hahaha a little"

"Speak to anyone intresting?" she elbows me

"No, what do you mean?"

"You stayed with that last girl for a while"

"She's a regular here thought I best give her a bit of time that she's given us"

"Awww that's cute of you, you sure it was also nothing to do with how attractive she is?"

"KATIE!" I slapped her arm, laughing as she walked away, I just smiled to myself packing my bag up. Time to head home before a week of training and a big match against Chelsea next weekend.