Chapter 2 | Emotions are hurt

"Rajkumar" I knocked on the door. It had been three days since that incident, and he was back to normal, that is his new normal. Emotionless. 

No response. He was miserable and angry, and even though he tries to make up for it by keeping a poker face, he is an open book for me. 

"Rajkumar" I call upon and knock on the door. Even though my heart wished to deny it, it was evident. My heart yet raced for him, even after so many years. He still had my heart, and will in the future. 

Before I could collect my thoughts back, Rajkumari Niyati walked out of his room. Immediately I bent my head down and greeted her. Hurt flashed on my face and I forced myself to not weep any further. 

This was what I wanted, him to move on, yet my heart ached. I bit my lip, to keep a straight face. I had faced a lot in life, 'this shouldn't and will not break me' I reminded myself. 

"Come inside." He called out in a voice that was not sweet at all, rather harsh. I walked inside the chamber with my head bent down. "Rajkumar aapko Rani Saheba ne yaad kiya hein." 

"Lift your head." This time, his voice was sweet, just like how I remembered. Why was he doing this to me? Hadn't I suffered enough to be going through this again? All it did was bring false hopes entangled within, which could never be true. 

I lifted my head and our eyes clashed. He was wearing a white kurta, looking beautiful. I couldn't help but admire this man and the days when we loved each other to our heart's content in our world. 

Rajkumari Niyati had walked out of his room, which could only mean...I controlled myself. In stories a prince was supposed to end up with his princess and not a mere servant, this was not how it was supposed to take place. 

We stared at each other for a while, as if speaking with our eyes in that moment of silence. He suddenly removed his kurta, and my eyes grew big, was he now going to ask me to help him bathe or what now?!

He had a tanned well built muscular body. He caught me stealing glances at him, and he smirked! I was caught off guard. With shame, I bent my head down and felt the heat rising to my cheeks. 

"Rajkumar, Rani Saheba hume bula rahi hai." I desperately wanted to take an exit from here , but before I could leave someone whom I did not want it to be him grasped my hand. It was a soft touch. I faced him, not knowing he was just behind me bringing our faces dangerously close.

I took a step back. He handed over me a box, and asked me to deliver it to his "Hone wali patni, Rajkumari Niyati ." Hurt was a small word to describe what I was going through right now, as within seconds my dream shattered. What was I even thinking? I mentally giggled at my fate. 

Providing my last greetings, I swiftly bolted out of the room, emotionless. 

-

Hello everyone! 

Opinion Lounge 🦋

How did you feel about this chapter?

What do you think about Nayan and Yours truly Rajkumar?

What do you think about Rajkumari Niyati?

Do you relate to Nayan?

Other thoughts-

Do vote, comment, and share if you liked the chapter. Thankyou💗