Chapter 6 | Waning Moon

Reminiscing about the past, where our love had once blossomed, now in despair, I stood on the bridge watching the moon appear once again. 

And then I heard a little squeak

And then I heard a little squeak. Immediately turning back I saw a feminine figure in the dark. 

"Hamare Saamne aye jo koyi bhi aap hein." I ordered. 

Taking slight steps,  she came forward, taking my breath away again. We both faced each other, speaking through the pain in our eyes. She was in pain, I could see that, but why was she doing this?

I wanted to know. I wanted to tell her we were both in together for this, and she was not alone. We were in this together. 

"Hume shama kar dijiye Rajkumar. Hume nahi pata tha aap yaha hein." she replied softly, bowing.

She was doing this again. I missed her calling me Surya, her playful talks, her kisses, her eyes, her everything. For now, I had to control my feelings and continue the act, only for some time more, I reminded myself, as I couldn't bear watching her like that.

I had already embarrassed myself and given her an unwanted hint to her, indirectly making her aware of the fact that I hadn't moved on, I am a fool in love with her.

"Rukiye." She halted. 

"Call Rajkumari Niyati here." I ordered in a deep voice. I had practiced this line at least twenty times to deliver it in a deep authoritative tone. 

I watched her expression change, in a few seconds and it was gone. She did not display any anger, pain, or sadness. 

"Ji Rajkumar." She told. 

I watched her bow and leave, Emotionless.

What I needed was time. Time to clean all the mess, time to find out why she had broken my heart, and time to love what all I had once lost.

I sighed, thinking about the next few days, that were to come.

"Rajkumar, we need to pace ourselves. It can happen any moment now, they want revenge on us." She told.

"Hum jaante hein." 

This was all I could say. Today the words end, and wars could begin any moment now. People were bound to know, all we could do now was shift the matter for some time. The living fears in our minds were about to come true.

"Rajkumari, Agar hume kuch ho jaye, Nayan ka dhyaan rakhyega." Rajkumari Niyati was trustworthy. I trusted her with Nayan. I had seen Nayan struggle through life, I did not want her to suffer more after I was gone. 

"Ji Rajkumar." She gave me a sad smile, showing that she understood me, and my concerns for her ( her - Nayan ) 

Moments are like flowers, they are born and one day wilt. They are never meant to last forever, but the fragrance they carry remains in our hearts. Remain in our lives, down the lane, down the bridge, even in our worst times.

-

Hey everyone

How was today's chapter?

What do you think will happen next?

Do you think Niyati is good or bad?

Are you liking their character?

I have tried portraying Rajkumar as the ultimate kind of ( golden retriever ) green flag. 

So I hope you enjoyed today's chapter.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share! As your opinions matter a lot to me and help me write further.

Thankyou 💗