Haelios: king of Infernium

Long black hair fell in waves down to his shoulders, framing a gaunt pale face. Sharp cheekbones created a skeletal appearance, only increased by sunken, piercing green eyes, glaring in only a way true evil can. Breaking into one's soul, withering them where they stood. The trace of a smirk lay deep beneath a frown cast by furrowed brows and closed lips. Haelios towered above his foes (of which he had many) dwarfing them in comparison.
Haelios was a cruel man, many wondered how he and his brother Theoron became such different men, but one thing everyone in the kingdom of Infernium knew for certain, was that if you ever looked into the eyes of the king, it would likely be the last sight you ever saw.
As a child haelios was a strange boy, he would spend days on end alone in his room, reading about strange lands, shutting himself off from everyone, including his family. He was first in line as the oldest child to inherit the kingdom of Venturis, but when he was a young teenager, civil war broke out and the kingdom was divided. Haelios was given the western half of the kingdom, a baron wasteland where war was still common and poverty ran ruthlessly throughout the many small villages that existed.
Disgusted by the way his parents had betrayed him by leaving him to this place, Haelios' anger grew and his leadership became more and more cruel and power hungry. He decided the only way to ensure his power over the other rulers was to make them fear him, he would inflict fear among his people, forcing them to work harder than any good man should. Over time he built up an army of people, tortured into doing his bidding. There was not a man in Infernium who was not enlisted into Haelios' infantry. They would ravage their own villages just to  bring Haelios the gold he needed to build up his kingdom. Eventually Infernium became the most feared kingdom in the realm and his power and notoriety was unmatched by any other.
His anger did not stop however, in fact, it only grew stronger as his kingdom did. And not just at his parents. At his brother. For taking what he considered to be rightfully his. While he and Theoron had not spoken in many years, the anger towards eachother festered but Haelios knew, that despite his power, he could not risk invading his brothers kingdom, he knew of the intelligence of Theoron and came to terms with the fact that Venturis was not a target he could justify attempting to hit. No, he wanted someone who he considered to be far, far, weaker.