The Encounter

(Y/N POV)

I sat at my desk trying to fall asleep, Mr. Park always had a soothing voice and boring lessons the perfect combination for a nap.

The year was 2015. You might know that as the year of the Sheep, the year the Patriots won the Superbowl, or even the year you got a puppy for Christmas. But, the truth is I don't remember that year for any of those superficial reasons. I remember it because it was the year that I fell in love.

"Y/N raise your head, take Hyunjin to the bathroom." Mr. Park called out just as I started drifting into sleep.

At the front of the classroom stood Hwang Hyunjin, the school "IT boy". He did nothing besides have a nice face. He didn't play any sports, he wasn't muscular or tall, and he definitely did not have the smarts. You may also be wondering 'Why the fuck are you taking him to the bathroom?' and to answer that, the last time he was 'going to the bathroom' he got caught smoking weed with Minho and Felix.

"Yes sir," I responded, getting up from my seat and heading toward the door.

I always hated how Mr. Park called on me to help Hyunjin 'use the restroom' (which we all knew he wasn't doing) because I didn't raise my hand like all the other eager girls did. Really, why did teachers always call on the kids who didn't raise their hands?

"So, what are you going to do in the bathroom this time? Drugs or maybe-" I started, but was rudely interrupted.

"Please, why do you always pretend you're so much better than me for getting good grades and having actually decent friends? We have interacted almost daily for the past 4 months so I can 'use the bathroom', and you haven't once tried to get to know me." He said bitterly, finally opening up to me. "Do you wanna know what I've been doing in the bathroom these past few days?" He paused for dramatic effect. "Planning my suicide. So, if you could please excuse me, I have a gun in my pocket and I'm going to kill myself. Thank you."

I paused for just a moment. But once he started walking into the men's bathroom, I came to my senses. I grabbed his arm and stopped him.

"Wait hold on, you're going to do what?" I asked, laughing.

"I'm glad I could have an actual conversation with you at least once, but I'm going now." He tried to take a step into the bathroom, but I pulled him back.

"You know, I don't like school that much either. Let's bounce." I've never skipped school before and I didn't live nearby. "Isn't there a McDonald's around here?" I asked.
"Why are you stopping me?" He seemed genuinely confused. "You have made it very clear you don't like me, I thought you would just let me die."
"Is that really what you thought of me," I said, still holding his hand.

"I didn't mean it like that..." He paused, embarrassed.

"Well, let's go to Mcdonald's," I said, trying to lighten up the mood.

"No." He stated bluntly.

"What do you mean no?" I questioned.

"I mean no. I'm not going to McDonald's. I have a plan that I would like to get going on." He said, tugging his arm away, trying to free it from my grasp.

"Well, I'm not letting you kill yourself," I demanded. "So we're either going back to class or to McDonald's. You choose." He groaned and let me drag him outside.

To be honest I never thought I would be holding Hwang Hyunjin's hand, skipping school, or walking to McDonald's. Let alone all at once. But, that was precisely what was happening.