[insert self-invented title here]

a/n okay my poopsies we shall say that this is senior year. and be warned i might kill somebody in this book, i dont know if i will but I AM IN CONTROL HERE 

anyhoo, this is gonna be a lil slow. slowburn love. both of them are of course oblivious at first. it is very stupid. it was how my first crush was. 

lmao i need a love life 

Jades pov:

I flung open the door to Hollywood Arts and swaggered in walking like I was on a runway, as usual. I was on lunch break and had just returned from my trip to a local grocery store to grab a sandwich. My long, mouse-brown hair swings behind me, strands dyed blue or white here and there. My emerald eyes are narrowed. School this year has just started, and as it was California it was so hot I wore frayed jean-shorts and a black tank top. My eyes searched the hall. I'm on the hunt for my latest victim. As usual it's someone who stole my boyfriend. This one's different, though. His name's Percy. That is correct. It is a guy. Flirting with MY guy.

I can be quite vicious when it comes to it. Before my father moved out and divorced my mom, he was an FBI agent. And he left everything behind. Two pistols, one barrel gun, one AK-47, three butterfly knives, four steak knives, four serrated daggers, two curved scimitars like wicked fishhooks. Five tracking beacons. And of course his entire chemical-nuclear-poison room lab thing. Which became my bedroom.

And in that bedroom there were now four tracking beacons. Know where the other one is? PERCY'S. GODDANG. BACK.

I whipped out my phone and followed the beacon signal to a hill behind school. I knew I'd be late for Sikowitz's but he never marked me tardy for fear I would come to his house at 3 am with a knife. Plus Tori was there. I hated her. Little miss perfect.

I was getting closer. As I entered the outside area near the school I got close enough that it zoomed in. It looked like Petty-Percy, whatever, same thing-was hiding behind the hill.

I was coming for him.

Tori's pov

Behind the food truck, Grub Truck, which was also the students' main source of food, I nearly choked on the exhaust coming out of the energy generator. But I couldn't, because I would have gone into cardiac arrest, as there was a piece of duct tape firmly set over my mouth. Maybe I could have banged on the back of the truck and tried to get the attention of Festus, the owner- but who knows what Jay would have done to me.

He prodded me in the back to keep walking, hard. I ducked my head and followed him, tears still in my eyes, one of my wrists so firmly in his grip that it was cutting off circulation. I barely even knew him-he was in my math class and that was it. We never even talked; he was just a known classmate to me. But he apparently wanted me to do... things with. Tears began spilling out as I thought of those things. We neared the hill behind school, and I became aware that this must be his out-of-view hiding place. A boy came frantically running away from it as if some one or something was chasing him. And then behind the hill was empty.

Just us.

Jay gave me an evil smile and pinned me against the back of the fence that surrounded the hill, his fingers weaving into the metalwork, trapping me in a cage. I was sobbing now, silently, as the button of his jeans came undone.

He looked up at me and smiled again.

And then just like that, that very wicked smile got punched right in.

Jade's pov

I swung, with my right hand, and felt my knuckles bruise, but he was turning his head to see me. He wasn't hurt enough. I swung again with the same hand, and felt his jaw break under my knuckles, and felt the crack cut my knuckles through his skin. All four of them were a raw red color, and wet, not from blood but the water in my veins.

His head swung to the side, and he reached up to touch his jaw, looking stunned, but I had already swung at his nose, which bent under my fist and began bleeding-and so did my knuckles, red, raw, bloody, the blood, whether mine or his or both, was smeared down the back of my hand and even up my fingers a little.

A burst of pain shot through me from this, but I switched hands and kept going, fueled by the thought that it was nothing compared to the pain I was giving him. I broke his nose with another punch and now THAT hand was hurting. He looked at me through his bangs, which were hanging into his eyes and giving him axe-man vibes, and he swung at me now. HIS knuckles weren't fazed, and he hit my shoulder with that punch. It would've been my face, but I tried to dodge.

I felt it snap, the crack, and then pain was shooting through my body like hell. But it was my right shoulder, and I was left handed, and THAT fist wasn't bleeding yet. I felt hot tears burn into my eyes at the combined pain from my shoulder and hand, but I made myself punch him in the eyes either way, cutting up my left knuckles on the eyebrow piercings studding his left eyebrow.

Blinded, he fell back, neck bent and both eyes scrunched shut. His fists, trying some kind of desperate defensive maneuver, came at me, fast, but, tears still clouding my eyes, I grabbed each wrist with my hands and kneed him right in the place where the sun don't shine. He finally fell back against the ground and I was able to straighten up, both fists still balled, tears in my eyes and my knuckles snaking blood down my fingers like veins.

I would have looked at Tori, who by now had gotten her gag off, but I had to turn directly around because I heard Beck's voice on the other side of the hill.

He seemed to be reassuring someone of something. "Don't worry, babe, I love you, I'll figure out whatever scared you." He came around to the back of the hill, still not seeing me, or Jay's unconscious, crumpled form, or Tori, though she might have left, I didn't know, I couldn't keep my eyes off Beck who had just confessed his love, called someone babe, and that someone wasn't me-

And now they were kissing. And it was Percy. My lips parted slightly. And Beck looked over, and he saw me. And the tears in my eyes started spilling out. And I looked down, no more able to look at Beck, and I saw a trickle of blood from my knuckle slide down, dropping over the ring on my middle finger. A ring Beck had given me seven years ago when we first met.

I ripped it off my finger, not caring that I also cut my finger yanking it off so hard, and threw it down on the ground and I turned away. And I stormed off, not able to see from the panic attack I was about to have, from the blinding pain in my shoulder, in my knuckles-in my heart.

Class has started, like, six minutes ago, so the halls were empty as I went to my locker and flung it open, grabbing some gauze and some medical tape for my knuckles and planning to ignore the pain in my shoulder and heart for as long as I could.

I slammed it shut, letting a few sobs escape me as I turned in on my heel and walked to the nearest girl's' bathroom. And I never looked back but I could've sworn I heard someone following me.