talk

Jade's POV

 We almost kissed. I can feel my cheeks warming up. I kind of wanted her to kiss me then, and that's the fucked up part. And of all the things to interrupt it, it's the goddamn coffee machine. We make coffee, both of us avoiding each other's eyes until Trina wakes up. We were in the kitchen with the machine when she woke. Guess how we knew she woke up?

"AuRRrRgHH! I NEED cAwFeE!"

She slouches into the kitchen, and I reluctantly hand her my cup of 'cAwFeE' and make another. "Ugh!" She groans. "How do you drink this, Tori?! It's so bad!" "It is not!" I said indignantly, protective of my coffee choices. We argue back and forth until Jade threatens to kill her. Both of us forget to be awkward after THAT.

"Why aren't you two at school, anyway?" Trina said. "I am a SENIOR. I set a VERY GOOD EXAMPLE for you two in the year under me." "Our year has today off. Three-day weekend," I explain. It was true, though I didn't know why. Trina spit loudly before storming out the door. "Anyway," Jade said. I lean my head on her shoulder as we rest against the counter. "I think. That. I will... go... back to my house now. I need to grab some black clothes." 

 I smile. She has been wearing my colorful clothes these past few days. It's our last day of the weekend. It only occurs to me now. It's Monday. Tomorrow we have to go back and Jade has to move back into her own now empty house, alone and deal with everything, alone, and all the reminders of Beck.

Also meaning today's my last chance to kiss her. "You'll go after lunch, just stay for the rest of the morning," I pleaded. She gave me a smile, and I could tell that me wanting her to stay meant a lot to her. I looked down and intertwined our fingers, closing my eyes on her shoulder.

"Okay."

We decided to go to have a picnic at the hill behind Hollywood Arts, for lunch, and we packed all the food we could get. I drove us, Jade's hand gently touching mine on the console. I felt my phone beep in my pocket. "Jade, can you check it for me? My password's 1-8-9-6-3-1." She nodded and said, laughing, "it's from Cat. She says she forgot we had the day off so she's eating at school right now."

I grinned, intending to reply when we stopped driving. I turned a corner and into the same street as the school as I felt Jade's warm hand slide the phone back in my pocket. I parked in the lot, and Jade and I looked at each other, our hands joined once more on the console. We're leaning in, and our lips both part and I want to kiss her, so I begin to reach out with one hand to bring her chin to me when we hear the school doors open and we instantly lean away, shoving the doors open and instantly getting out of the car.

I see a rosy pink blush on Jade's pale cheeks as she joins me. I grin. "Are you blushing?" She rolls her emerald eyes. "No." I start laughing and she reaches out to my shoulder, three fingers gesturing to something. "What's this?" she says. I look down to where her hand is and she raises her hand to gently turn my face back to hers. She does that thing she does where she bites the air, smirks, and walks away. She walks around me to the trunk and shouldered the picnic basket, closing the trunk before turning back to me where I'm staring at her in awe and blushing, hard. She's sexy.

"Are you blushing?" she says, smirking before I grab the hand not holding the basket on her shoulder and pull her with me the back way around the school to the hill. We get there and set up the picnic. We sit shoulder to shoulder, legs entangled, on the side of the hill away from the school. We eat, and when neither of us can eat anymore, we look at each other. Now both of us are blushing and both of us know it as my hands creep to Jade's waist, hers to my neck, and our lips are an inch apart-

"BEEP! BEEP! BEEP!" we look down and Cat's at the bottom of the hill looking up at us. "Hear that? It's the GAYDAR! BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BONK BONKERY BOOP DAH!"

a/n i feel like cat is all of us rn 😭

Jade and I look away from each other and Cat floats away. "I'm... gonna go get my clothes now," Jade said. I nodded, and hugged her close. She hugged me back. "Good luck," I whispered. "Meet me at my house, okay?" She nodded and I watched her go before grabbing my hair, hard, and groaning softly. I had three chances to kiss her!!!

I love her. I remember it all-the near kiss by the coffee machine, the closeness of her lips in the car, her body by mine a minute ago, Cat, yelling "GAYDAR!"-

I whipped out my phone and texted her.

Jades POV

I love her. I have a crush on her.

When I got a text from Tori saying 'we need to talk', I had hopes for what it could be about, of course, but didn't know. I got in my car and drove to her house, glad for an excuse to get away from my own, and parked in her driveway. Her door was, of course, unlocked, so I knocked before opening it. It seemed to be just her and me and Trina, who was watching TV and didn't even notice me come in (dear god, she'd be so useless in a robbery). No one else home.

I shot Trina a glance before making my way up the stairs to Tori's room. I hesitated at the door, having second thoughts about whether this would be something bad, but when I entered Tori wasn't even in there. Closing the door behind me, I looked around for a moment before I felt her slip her fingers through my belt loops, grabbing me by my waist, and pushing me back against the wall.

Her body was so close to mine, her lips parted the slightest bit, as her fingers slipped out of the loops but stayed on my waist, her hands slowly rubbing up and down my torso. I met her eyes, softly asking, "what did you want to... talk about?" She grabs my hands, hanging at my side, and intertwines our fingers, but keeps rubbing my waist.

My lips part slightly, and I will her to just do it already. She whispers, "I think you know exactly what I want to say, and I think you also know that nothing has to be said." My eyes dart between her lips and her eyes, and she takes that as confirmation, letting my hands go but keeping her hands on my waist as she leans in and my hands come up to meet her shoulders as she kisses me.

It's soft, gentle, kissing each other over and over and saying what didn't have to be said.

I love you.