half heart

a/n yall i promise keep reading please just trust me

Andre, Robbie and Cat bolted to Jade the moment they saw her crouched on the ground. But she was holding-no. All four of them dropped to their knees and cried together. Their memory of the past two days erased, all they remembered was the moments the five had shared together. There must have been another-Beck, was his name-but as far as they could remember he'd broken up with Jade and become a horrible person, so oh well.

 Jade was choking. She couldn't breathe, couldn't think. 

Time skip

 Jade sat in the dimly lit hospital room, her heart heavy with grief. Her best friends, Andre, Robbie, and Cat, were gathered around the hospital bed, their faces etched with sorrow. Tubes and machines beeped rhythmically, providing the only signs of life in the sterile room.

Tori, her girlfriend, lay motionless on the bed, her once-vibrant spirit now trapped in a lifeless body. The doctors had declared her dead, but the machines kept her artificially breathing. It was a cruel twist of fate that had brought them all to this moment, one that none of them could have ever prepared for.

Tears welled up in Jade's eyes as she reached out to hold Tori's cold, pale hand. She had been the love of her life, the one person who understood her like no one else ever could. They had shared dreams, laughter, and countless moments of joy. And now, it seemed, they would also share the pain of this unbearable loss.

Andre, Tori's closest friend, stood silently, his arm around Jade, offering silent support. Robbie, the goofy and caring friend of the group, tried to crack a joke, but it fell flat in the heavy atmosphere of the room. Cat, known for her bubbly personality, was struggling to hold back tears, her usual cheerful demeanor replaced by a deep sense of sorrow.

Jade couldn't help but remember the happy moments she and Tori had shared. The late-night conversations, the stolen kisses, the whispered promises of a future together—all of it seemed like a distant memory now. She leaned in closer to Tori, her voice breaking as she spoke softly, as if Tori could still hear her.

 "I'm sorry." Her voice broke and she looked away.

 The machines continued their relentless beeping, a stark reminder of the fragile line between life and death. Jade's friends stood by her side, offering their unwavering support as they grieved together. In that moment, they were bound not only by their friendship but also by the profound loss they shared.

As they held on to each other in the somber hospital room, they knew that their lives would never be the same again. Jade would forever have only half of her heart.