six | i can't be your midnight love

TW:
mentions of abuse in this chapter (only in the 2021 part)

1996

her ears were ringing. her head was pounding. she could barely move. she couldn't really hear what lottie was saying next to her. probably something like "get out!" or "get up we have to go!" but she couldn't move. she just felt like letting the flames on the plane engulf her but lottie pulled her up. the two girls ran out of the plane together. hannah stepped out and fell down onto the ground. lottie pulled her away from the body of the plane. hannah laid on the ground for a second and looked up at the sky. she saw trees surrounding the opening of the sky and she wanted to move but she couldn't. her legs weren't working. was she dead? probably not but it felt like it.

when she felt like the world wasn't spinning, hannah sat up slowly. she looked around and saw girls screaming. laura lee was next to a tree curled up into a ball. shauna and jackie ran out of the plane. hannah stood up and looked for van but couldn't find her.

"VAN! VAN! WHERE ARE YOU?", hannah screamed.

jackie ran to hannah. "HANNAH! she's in the plane!"

hannah gasped. "AND YOU DIDN'T GET HER OUT?"

she ran into the plane and jackie ran behind her. "HANNAH, NO!"

"VAN! PLEASE GET OUT OF THERE!", hannah yelled into the plane.

jackie pulled on hannah's sleeve to pull her out. hannah was trying to get into the plane but jackie wouldn't let her. she tried to push herself out of jackie's grasp but jackie wouldn't let go.

"hannah, please, stop fighting me!", jackie exclaimed.

hannah was sobbing in jackie's arms. "no! i need to get van out of there! i can't let her die! she's my sister!"

jackie was crying. all of the girls gathered around them. tai and shauna were crying together over hannah's remarks. jackie pulled hannah out one last time and held her. hannah was screaming while she cried. her sister was dead.

or so she thought.

van ran out of the plane, coughing due to her inhaling so much smoke. the side of her face looked burnt but it was just the smoke. hannah gasped and ran to her. she embraced her sister and cried in her arms.

"i'm here, hannah, it's okay.", van said to her sister.

hannah couldn't stop crying. she had to slow down or else she would have another panic attack. she didn't want a repeat of what happened last time. she finally composed herself and kept her arm wrapped around van. tai ran up to van and hugged her.

"i'm so glad you're okay.", tai whispered to van.

"me too, babe.", van whispered back.

shauna stood by jackie. they all didn't know what to feel. emotions were running high. they couldn't find some of the other people.

"where's coach martinez and coach scott?", laura lee asked.

"OVER HERE!", we heard someone yell.

they all ran to follow the voice and saw misty standing over coach ben. his lower leg was cut off by a part of the plane.

"i need your help! pull it up!", misty exclaimed.

they all gathered around coach ben. on misty's count, they pulled up the part of the plane that coach ben was stuck under and misty pulled him out from under it. the girls were in shock. mari went over by a bush and threw up.

"oh my god.", hannah whispered to herself.

lottie and laura lee both gasped. the girls didn't know what to do with themselves. misty walked over with an ax and everyone told her to stop but misty cut his almost dismembered leg off. hannah was shocked. she moved closer to van and kept by her side, not wanting to let her go away again. they all moved coach ben by the plane and set him up as comfortably as they could.