03. Treasure

rewritten (12

rewritten (12.13.23)

Bill sat alone on a rock, dangling his legs in the water as he watched the boys play around under the waterfall, laughing as they splashed at each other. He didn't feel like joining them, too occupied in his own thoughts. He still couldn't stop thinking about that dream, about that girl. He sighed, resting his head in his hands as he stared at the crashing water of the waterfall. Restless and bored, he stood up, shaking his feet dry as he walked up the hill. He walked into the jungle, leaving the boys behind. 

He walked through the jungle, mapping out his own path as he stepped through bushes of flowers and fruit and groves of trees. He discovered a beautiful grove of Hibiscus bushes, the beautiful flower bushes scattered across the area in colours of Pink, Red, Orange and yellow, and every other colour of the rainbow. A sweet floral aroma wafted through the air, the sun shining down through the canopy of trees. 

Bill explored the beautiful grove, leaning down to smell the flowers, running his fingertips over the delicate petals. He found a nice little spot that was perfect for a nap, and practically calling his name. He kneeled down onto the plush grass, the hibiscus bush providing a cool shade from the sun. He lay down on his back, fidgeting with a hibiscus flower as he lay in peace, daydreaming about the girl again. 

His eyes fluttered shut, and bill drifted to sleep, feeling safe and comfortable beneath the shade of the hibiscus plant, the warm rays of the sun shining through the gaps in the bush as he slept on the plush grass. 

.ೃ࿐

a sweet humming voice flowed around him, causing him to stir in his sleep. he groaned softly, his eyes fluttering open. Bill pulled himself up onto his elbows, in a bit of a daze as he looked around him. he couldn't have slept for too long, only about thirty minutes. the sun was still high in the sky- but where on earth was that humming coming from? he frowned, blinking in confusion. he rolled onto his stomach, peering through the gap beneath the hibiscus bush. he couldn't quite believe his eyes. 

Right there in front of him, in a grassy clearing surrounded by Hibiscus plants, was a girl. The dream girl. 

She hummed softly, picking a pink Hibiscus flower and tucking it behind her ear. She had her back turned to him as she stood a few feet away, balancing a woven basket overflowing with fresh fruits on her hip. a Lacy white shawl was wrapped around her lower body like a skirt, the shawl obviously very old and worn. his eyes scanned up and down, tracing all the curves of her sublime form, her skin sun kissed and delicate looking. Her hair was long, cascading down her bare back. 

 She continued to hum to herself, her voice sweet and soothing. She turned around, sitting down on her knees in the grass. Bill finally caught sight of her face, immediately captivated by how beautiful she was. He could only watch in complete awe as the girl hummed, neatly organizing her finds and placing flowers in her basket. He couldn't tear his gaze away from her, his eyes widening when he realized she wore nothing on her torso, her long hair covering her nude form from his view like a curtain.