01

06/04/2015

now playing
ito - tomorrow x together
1:50 ───|────── 4:03

"from now on, you're
becoming tied to me"

꒰ 🥥 ꒱ؘ ࿐ ࿔*:・゚

hyo-ri's pace slowed as she set her suitcase down on the sand. the warm salty air was crisp, familiar.

📍taejeon-dong, daegu

"hyori-ya! slow down my legs are cramping up!" her brother called. hyo-ri finally stopped running and sat down close to the shoreline, the cold water dampening the hem of her jeans every time the waves splashed back. it's been too long since she's been to this beach, or any beach at all.

that feeling of walking on sand and it getting all over you was something she complained about often, but now it didn't seem to bother her. ever since she moved to canada, hyo-ri never had a chance to come back to korea, but thanks to a miracle, the stars aligning, she made it.

hyo-min sat beside her. "noona, why did you run so fast? you know i'm not nearly as fit as you are!" he panted, nudging her before sitting beside her and catching his breath as he wiped the collection of sweatdrops sliding off of his forehead.

his sister shrugged, still staring into the turquoise sea. "this place is so nostalgic. i kind of wish we could be here longer." she turned to look at him, grinning widely.

"don't you?"
"not really."

hyo-ri scoffed. despite never showing much interest in returning to korea, her family could tell that she loved being back, even just by her giddiness on the plane or her newfound restlessness. something about the coziness in homecooked meals with family, running barefoot on the beach and playing with the neighbours seemed unusually childish for her yet still something she longed for.

the two caught a taxi back to their grandma's house, where she was waiting by the door to welcome them.
"halmeoni!"

"hyo-ri, hyo-min!"
they ran up to their grandmother and shared a warm hug. her wrinkles folded out a smile as she planted quick kisses on their cheeks. "come inside!"

as hyo-ri stepped inside the small house, a wave of coolness hit her, a significant difference to the heat of the streets outside.
"its quite cold in here, grandma" she pointed out.

"oh right! sorry about that. your grandpa prefers the cold. i'll go turn the aircon down." she waved her hand and walked away into the hallway holding the remote in her hand.

hyo-ri plopped herself on the couch. it was awfully soft and gave you a sinking feeling, as if it wanted to swallow you up.
she closed her eyes and yawned, stretching her legs out on the couch while her brother was seconds away from interrupting her peace.

"hyo-ri?" she winced in annoyance. as much as the girl wanted her brother to call her noona, he rarely did. he felt there was no need since they were the same age anyways, but hyo-ri just wanted to feel mature.

"can you come with me to the shooting range? so-won wants to meet there but mom and dad said i couldn't go alone, and grandpa would just start talking about those old 60's k-pop groups.. so-won likes justin beiber anyway."