LIGHTSTEP SPEAKS: TEMPTED BY TOADSTEP

I was a loyal SkyClan cat. I always have been. Just recently have I realized my mistake. I was born in SkyClan at a rough time. Snakestar was... well, she wasn't the most stable. What I mean is that she was scared. Of me. And my parents. And really like everyone in the Clan. She didn't even trust anyone even to choose a deputy!

Anyway, I was given to warriors I forget about all the time. I just remember something about Vine and Stream. I think I was given to Streampelt or something, and my brother, Shrewpelt, was given to Vine... someone. I was left for a while to explore on my own, and I met Toadkit. 

He looked like an apprentice four moons in! He was massive! I asked him what his name was and told him mine. He told me that he was Toadkit. Super weird!

He also asked me if we could meet in a half-moon when he was an apprentice. I felt pressured to say yes. Almost immediately something awoke in my stomach. Some sort of... default misogyny. 

Hard to explain. Anyway, we did. We kept meeting. Once we were both made warriors, me, Lightstep, him, Toadstep, (honestly pretty funny) I started feeling a funny feeling around him. I knew I was in love. From the start.

After that, I decided I had worked so hard to get Snakestar's trust, and that I couldn't loose it. And she trusted me. After a while, she trusted me enough to be deputy. Her first deputy. I knew that I couldn't throw that away. 

After a few moons of this, Toadstep became deputy after Bushclaw died. I knew that if I was going to tell Toadstep about my feelings I would do it now. So I told him. He said he loved me too. He told me to come to ShadowClan. I couldn't do that to Snakestar. 

I couldn't. I told Toadstep this. He just hissed at me and turned away, obviously hurt. I thought that maybe the only way for me to do this correctly would be to tell Snakestar.

She was sick. Deathly sick. She was going to die. I told her being leader was too much for me, and for her to change it. Snakestar reappointed Tom to be her deputy before passing away in her nest a day later. I mourned her loss. But now that Snakestar was dead, there was no reason for me to stay. 

The love of my life was right across the border. All I had to do was go. 

A terrible mistake. I hope I never see that flea-bag again.