TWIX SPEAKS: LIFE OUTSIDE THE CLANS

I lived in a barn. With my family. We were like a Clan. We loved each other more than anything, and would risk our lives for each other in a heartbeat. We were together in everything. Nothing could tear us apart. 

Most of the words passed around about loners are wrong. That we hate each other and Clan cats. 

Nope. 

I loved my family more than anything, and I also absolutely admired the Clans. And so did my family! 

However, the stereotypes are right about one thing. 

It.

Is.

SO.

Dangerous.

I was sitting in my nest, playing with my older sister, Kitkat. When I heard the hissing. Growling. Claws. Barking. And a lot of barking. 

I gulped. Kitkat got up and told me to stay there as she checked it out. I heard more. Also hearing flesh getting penetrated by teeth and claws. More barking. 

"Twix! Go! Run away!" My mother called. 

But I was frozen.

"TWIX!" My father roared.

But I was frozen. 

"Twix!" Kitkat pleaded. 

But... I was frozen. I couldn't move. Until finally it seemed blood ran through my veins again so I peeked out and HAH! 

No more family. 

Listen, I know that you, the one I'm talking to right now, might not be okay with that kind of detail. So lets just leave it at... they were... red, like... uh... apples... and... cherries, and all that happy stuff.

So yeah. Uhm. They died... 

And I was left to fend for myself. 

I mourned my family every single day. It even got to a point were a got clumps of hay and gave them mice, saying "Hi mom! No, I didn't make my nest! Sorry!" 

Yeah. 

Real sad. 

One morning, I saw a very pretty she-cat on the ground, panting. I didn't know where she came from, but she smelled disgusting and look at me with pleading, desperate eyes. 

So, despite my better judgement, I took her into my barn and scolded her for getting so close to the dogs. 

She told me she was from ShadowClan. 

The Clans? 

My heart lifted with hope. 

I had a chance of finding a family again.

Finally. 

A family. 

Happy again.

A second chance.