CHERRYPAW SPEAKS: FOREVER AN APPRENTICE

It would be so easy for Toadstar to just make me a warrior and be done with it! Snaptooth is so tired of teaching me, and am so tired of having to learn! 

Sure, I get distracted easily, drive everyone crazy with how often I fidget with noisy plants, like dead leaves. But I just need to be stimulated! And sure, once I ran into the Thunderpath chasing a pretty bright blue feather but I needed it for my nest! 

And this has nothing to do with anything but Maplespots is so cute! Me and Twix like chatting about how hot she is. She's such a catch! Twix actually went for it and she didn't like him, so maybe she likes me? Here's hoping! 

That's the kind of stuff I get distracted by. ANYWAYS, yeah, it's terrible. The stupid small apprentice nest is getting way too big for me. I wonder if I'll still be an apprentice once I'm an elder. Sure, I still don't have the hunting crouch right, sure, I still can't fight even for my own life, but come on! I've got to become a warrior some time, right?

I've been trying to focus more on my training recently but I can't! My mind is just everywhere! I can't sit still, I can't focus, I can't sit in that silence while I'm hunting, and I can't train! I just can't! 

Toadstar recently put me on dirtplace cleaning duty because last time we went to the Gathering I stepped on the great rock and shouted at everyone... yeah...

I guess I deserved it. But that's still cruel! I know what you're thinking. What's it like?

Well, I'm the age of an older warrior, so I get respect from even the newest warriors, Pineneedle, Maplespots, and Willowbranch. Which I appreciate, but I'm still an apprentice through and through. I still feel like an apprentice. It just doesn't feel right, y'know? Anyway, yeah. I'm treated with the respect of a warrior, which is nice. 

But when all the warriors go out for their patrols, Snaptooth takes me to the sandy hollow either to practice my hunting crouch or my fighting stance but I just CAN'T! Sorry. Got a little emotional there.

Twix is still an apprentice, though he's about as old a the tree siblings. Or, Willowbranch, Amberpaw, Pineneedle, and Maplespots. We like to call them the tree siblings. Anyways, he gives me a lot of fun times still as an apprentice. He used to be a loner, so he came while he was older and needed extra training. 

You might be wondering why Amberpaw is still an apprentice while all of her other siblings are warriors. Well, it's because Amberpaw is a medicine cat apprentice! She, Twix, and I have some really good times together as the only three apprentices. 

So at least I have company. At least I'm not completely alone. Which is comforting, in a way. We are all super old enough to be warriors with a full name, but we aren't. 

And that's okay. 

They're my friends. 

And as long as we're together...

It's not that bad being stuck an apprentice.