Pre-game Panic

Summary: Katie McCabe. The Irish captain. The bane of your existence. On and off the pitch, always making life harder than necessarily with her unreasonable hatred for you. Despite her attitude, you had a massive crush on her. I mean cmon, she's Katie McCabe how could you not. As an Arsenal team member, you two should get along fabulously. But since the day you signed the contract to join the team, Katie has had it out for you.

Whether it be her attitude, insults or game play, she always found a way to cause you harm. You never understood the woman til a game against Chelsea uncovered the truth behind her actions.

Words: 2000
Warnings: fluff/angst, mean Katie, bad writing, panic attacks (let me know if i missed anything)
____________________________

You've been at Arsenal for 3 months now. You've proved to be a valuable member of the team with the various assists and goals to your name. Everyone loves you, except for the one and only Katie McCabe. For reasons unknown to you, she hates you.

It's game day in Etihad Stadium against Arsenal's rivals, Chelsea. As you and the rest of the team get ready in the change room, nervousness fills you. You're always nervous before a game but this is different. You've always been quiet, never one to talk much and definitely hated conflict. Which is why the Irish woman's unrelenting cruelty towards you impacts you so much.

You've always admired her. Being only 21, you grew up watching and admiring many of your now teammates. Especially Caitlin, Steph and Katie, being the true Irish-Aussie you were. You always admired Katies's determination and passion for the game, throwing her all into every match. But her harsh words and ice cold glares aimed only at you quickly changed your perspective on the older woman.

As you sit in the change rooms trying to calm your racing heart as well as the nauseous feeling that starts to bubble, Katie walks in. The nervous feeling increases tenfold as you sit down attempting to combat the dizziness you suddenly feel.

'Everything alright Y/n?' Caitlin asks with a worried look.

This catches the attention of almost every player. You can feel the eyes of everyone in the room burning into your skin. You simply nod, hoping it's enough the relieve their worries and draw the attention away from you. Most of them accepted the gesture and returned to what they were doing. But you could still feel eyes on you. As you looked up, you make eye contact with Caitlin and manage a weak smile, still seated and trying to calm yourself down.

'She's probably just worried about missing every shot and disappointing everyone. Like normal' Katie pipes up.

'Can we please not do this right now' you whisper, unable to do much more with the overwhelming feelings of pure fear and nervousness.

'What was that, darling?' Katie says with a condescending smile.

The look on her face has you ready to walk out. But this is an important game for your team and you don't want to let her win this ridiculous feud she seems to have created.

'Nothing asshole' you reply. Eyes still trained on your boots.

'What did you just call me?' Katie responds angrily.

As she slowly approaches you from the other side of the locker room, Steph steps up to her and tells her to back off, pointing out that not only did she start it but she always starts it and right now everyone needs to focus on the game.

But you don't realise Steph had stopped her, stuck in a trance as you wait for her to be standing above you, angry and ready to go.

The thought has you nearly hyperventilating.