Chapter 3

For 800 hundred years, Norrisville High has been protected by a ninja.

No one knows that every four years, a new warrior is chosen.

A freshman to fight the forces of evil.

I am the ninja!

I am...

________________________________________________________________________________

"Randy! Randy! Hey, wake up!" a soft voice called out to Randy in his slumber, causing him to turn over and complain, "Five more minutes, mom!" The voice nervously responded, "I-I'm not your mom!" Causing Randy to blink his eyes open to see Theresa Fowler on his bunk bed. This startled Randy, who immediately pulled up on his blanket covering himself up, "T-Theresa, y-you're i-in my room, g-girl...never been...to n-new room..." As Randy stuttered his way through a coherent sentence, Theresa explained herself, "Your mom let me in, she was a bit worried about what happened to you yesterday," she said gesturing towards his still bruised arm, "So she let you sleep in a bit. Are you feeling better now?"

Randy rubbed his arm, it stung but it should be good, "Yeah, I think I can make it work," Theresa looked at him with a concerned look, "Maybe, you should just stay home today?" Randy scoffed at the kind girl's offer, "Nah, last time I tried to take a break a missile almost blew up my house," a statement that confused Theresa. Randy hurriedly explained, "Oh, it's just an inside joke between me and Howard. Don't worry too much, Theresa." Randy raised two thumbs up towards himself, "This guy still has his cheese in one piece." Theresa giggled at Randy's antics, "Well, if you're sure then, I'll wait for you outside, okay?"

Randy waved his arms embarrassedly, "W-What? You don't need to do that, I mean, you're going to be late!" Theresa shook her head, "Don't worry about it, consider it as thanks for saving me the other day."

"B-But," Randy's refusal was cut short by Theresa's finger on his mouth, "I...I want to do this, okay?" Theresa turned away to hide her gradually reddening face, Randy remained speechless at the sight in front of him and could only nod in affirmation towards the girl's advances. Seeing this, Theresa quickly moved out of his room, and back outside his house.

Randy, making sure that the sight was clear, stuffed his face into his pillow and screamed.

________________________________________________________________________________

The pair hurriedly made their way towards Norrisville High, rushing past his neighbor who said, "Hey Randy! Hey random girl!" As they jumped over fences, and bushes in the shortest possible route from his house to the school, Randy couldn't help but notice how Theresa was actually managing to catch up with his pace. He couldn't dwell on such thoughts for long however, as they reached school just in time for the first bell to ring.

The two teens now panting and tired from the rapid dash, "So...uh...see you later?" Randy asked as he managed to catch his breath. Theresa couldn't quite form a response, and gave a weak thumbs up instead. Afterwards, the two made their way to their respective classes.

________________________________________________________________________________

Debbie Kang had always had a knack for finding the next scoop, and when she saw her punctual best friend almost get to Mrs. Driscoll's class late while being drenched in sweat, she knew there was going to be a massive story to be uncovered. All she needed was the right question.