Chapter 1

What a coward.

Sunny thought to himself. He just got out of the hospital after telling his 'friends' the truth about Mari's death. He can't help but cry in pity. Not for himself, but for his 'friends' in Faraway. The shocked expressions. Hero's expression was sullen. Aubrey's anger noticeably rose up, the shock couldn't fight the anger back. What hurt Sunny the most was Kel. A happy, outgoing, comedic ray of sunlight quickly turning into a noticeable betrayal of emotions. Sadness overcame him. Sunny didn't want any of this.

If he had just kept his anger...Mari would've been alive.

Kel escorted the group out of the room, He and Sunny made eye contact. A tear was forming in Kel's eyes before he disappeared into the hallway. Sunny, an expressionless creep, finally let his unknown emotions get to him. Shaking, He tried to choke and swallow back the cries but he couldn't.

There Sunny was. Crying hopelessly, he thought they would forgive him? How stupid was he? What was he thinking? Sunny put his hands in his hair. He wanted to get that memory out. Seeing his 'friends' faces when the truth was spilled. He dropped to the floor, crying and weeping. Like a baby. A toddler. He's 16. He shouldn't be acting like this. This was his fault.

If he hadn't thrown the violin down the stairs. He would have time to see his sister be happy for once. If he hadn't thrown the violin down the stairs, their argument would have not happened. If he hadn't thrown the violin down the stairs. His sister would be getting ready to be with her brother. If he hadn't let his stress control him. He would've talked to Mari about his feelings. About how stressed he was, Mari would've understood.

"I am sicker than the word sick itself." Sunny said out loud. That was supposed to be in his head.

Silence.

Silence was heard throughout the room. Sunny wanted the silence. He needed the silence. His mind was silent. All was heard was the heart monitor beeping.

Soon, his surroundings came to him. "Shit." Sunny whispered to himself. Basil was in here. How selfish of him. Sunny rose from the ground, his hands are out of his hair. He turned his head to Basil's bed. He was sleeping alright. Sunny's breath was shaky. He has got Basil into this situation. Basil was fragile, like a petal. Sunny stayed with Basil until he woke up. While waiting, he wanted to see what his mind was saying.

Nothing. Absolutely Nothing.

Sunny put his hands onto his face. He was gone for 4 years. Everything was going great. His friends were getting back together. As a group. Yet, Sunny failed that simple task. Sunny failed to keep his friends' happiness afloat. What will Mari say? Would Mari even want the truth to come out?

"Mari.." Sunny said, "I am so sorry." He finished. A tear rolled down his left eye. "I never wanted to hurt you..nor anyone." His voice was shaky. This is the longest he has talked. "Mari, if you can hear me..I really wanted to do the recital. But I was stressed. My mind was not functioning when I threw the violin down the stairs and when I killed you. I am sorry I wasn't the best little brother for you." Sunny lowered his head. His tears became a waterfall. He has held too much. Too much guilt. Too many secrets. Will he even forgive himself?

"Sunny..?" A voice spoke. Sunny raised his head to see where that voice was coming from.

"Basil.." Sunny said. Sunny rushed towards Basil. Hugging his best friend who he has not seen and couldn't for 4 years. Basil was suffering too. Sunny was selfish.

"I am so sorry Basil," Sunny apologized, he kept repeating the apology when Basil was too stunned to say a word. "I am so sorry that I couldn't handle what happened. I Should've visited you..I am sorry. I was selfish. I was selfish, living in guilt." Sunny finished his apology. He wanted to say more but he couldn't find the right sentences, words, and phrases to say. His mind was focusing on apologizing to Basil, for leaving him alone for 4 years.