Chapter 3: Celeste P.O.V

I felt very drowsy but my eyes slowly adjusted to the daylight creeping through the opened stained glass window I block the sun with my hand seeing an iv attached to me then I realize I don't recognize anything in this room I shoot up quickly on the creaky hospital bed. Flashes of memories hit me in waves I remembered getting dressed, reminding papa to eat and getting to work ,pouring drinks, that one really attractive guy, then I-I remembered  seeing that poor girl die, and being scared for my life but after that I draw a blank. I put my head in my hands due to the minor headache. I try to think of everything before I lost consciousness but it just made my headache worse. Suddenly I heard voices outside the old heavy looking door. I quickly went back to the bed and acted sleep.

"Are you positive she hasn't drank any other blood other than the one that turned her she's growing strong at a rapid rate her fangs are like steel, her muscles are toned  past even a royal level it's as if she's been feeding on one of the purest supply of blood for months...years even." The doctor stated well I assumed he was a doctor he had the white coat and scrubs his skin was pale and he had a blonde mullet and he was a little chubby.  "Listen I don't know a damn thing about this stray ." The other guy was tall jet black curly hair his skin was like a ashed copper color he wore an all black outfit sweatshirt and black jeans he acted super annoyed and snarky. "Hey wake up." The tall guy shakes my feet roughly. I slowly got up "Where the hell am I?" I clutch my knees to my chest. "That's not important stand up so the doc here can give you a quick exam so I can peel you out of here."he steps aside heading for the door before pausing "and don't even try to escape I'll catch you." He shuts the door dramatically.

"Now Ms.Reeves let's check your fangs again." The  doctor approaches me with a flashlight I quickly step back "Fangs?" I chuckle in disbelief  "What the FUCK is going on?" My anger starts to become seething. He takes a step back , "Long story short, you died. Or technically you were murdered however you want to spin it but... you've been given a chance at a rebirth of a new life and you have to drink blood in the next 5 hours or your new found resurrection will be terminated."
He rambled as if this is a normal conversation he has with people.
"So I'm a vampire?!" I scream "please calm down getting emotional will only worsen your condition." He says with nonchalant tone and expression
"My condition?" I ask sarcastically chuckling in disbelief.

"The longer you wait to feed, your body deteriorates by the hour." He warns me and set his clip board down. "I'm not drinking blood I died and I should've stayed dead." I coldly spat out, He reaches for my neck  to do something , I quickly jerk back "May I?" He sighs looking me in my eyes for some sign of trust. I slowly nod and he tucks my hair behind my ear  "Interesting." He releases my hair and backs away snatching his gloves off "Well the nurse will be in with some clothes that should fit and you'll be escorted out by Sir Ares." He smiled sweetly and walked out of the room leaving me stunned.

I sat on the hospital bed in shock. A vampire? I did feel absolutely different now that I'm processing. I feel completely invigorated and energized I do feel a tad hungry but it was an odd hunger but I know I have to ignore it. I don't want to live a life as anything other than human.
I ran my fingers through my hair and something about it felt odd. I quickly got up and walked to the mirror, I gasped at
what I saw my curly jet black hair had shifted to  white with a slight purple tint to it. My eyes went from dark brown to  flaming purple I was astounded at how bizarre my physiology had changed  this body just didn't feel like mine anymore.

A knock on the door startled me, "I have some clothes here for you." The brunette nurse plops the clothes on the bed before quickly exiting. I slowly get undressed from the plain white hospital gown into the jeans, black t-shirt and brown hoodie with some white converse. My now curly white hair was just messy I ran my hands through it leaving it in a wild style and left the room. The tall guy was Ares I'm guessing "You ready?" He grabs his jacket and stands up from the waiting chair. "Where's my phone I need to make a call." I stiffly stood in front of him "We gotta eat first then you can make all the calls you want princess." He rolls his eyes and begins marching away from me. "I need to call my Papa!" I yell after him "After we eat!" He puts his hands in his pockets and continues to walk. I roll my eyes and begin to follow him down the hospital like hallway.