💜Fragments of a Heart 💜

A Yizhan Fanfic

3rd POV:

In a world where love often tiptoed between ecstasy and agony, Wang Yibo and Xiao Zhan found themselves facing the most painful chapter of their lives. Their love story, once a beacon of hope, was about to be torn asunder.

As the years rolled on, the distance between Yibo and Xiao Zhan grew, like an unseen force pulling them apart. Yibo's heart, unknowingly swayed by the allure of a new flame, became entangled in a love that was no longer their own.

Unable to bear the weight of his conflicting emotions, Yibo sat Xiao Zhan down one cold winter night, his heart heavy with a truth he could no longer deny.

"Xiao Zhan, I... I've met someone else," Yibo's voice trembled, as if each word was a shard of glass piercing his soul.

Xiao Zhan's world shattered at the revelation, his heart fracturing into a million pieces. His eyes welled up with tears, but he refused to let them fall. "You're leaving me for someone else?" he whispered, his voice laced with disbelief.

"It's not that simple, Zhan. I didn't plan for this to happen," Yibo pleaded, his heart aching at the pain he was inflicting.

In the following weeks, the once blissful home they had built together felt like a house of memories too fragile to hold. Xiao Zhan retreated into himself, trying to understand what had gone wrong, while Yibo found solace in the arms of another.

As the divorce papers were signed and the legalities dissolved their marriage, Xiao Zhan felt like a ship lost at sea, adrift without an anchor.

The months passed, and Yibo's new relationship continued to bloom, while Xiao Zhan's heart remained in ruins, unable to heal the wounds left by a love now lost.

One day, fate brought them face to face again, on a street they once walked together. Yibo's heart clenched at the sight of the man he once called his everything.

"Zhan, I want you to know that I never stopped caring for you," Yibo said, his voice choked with regret.

Xiao Zhan looked into Yibo's eyes, the hurt still evident. "You broke my heart, Yibo. How can you say you still care?"

"I know I hurt you, and I'm so sorry for that. But the heart can be a complicated thing, and I'm struggling too," Yibo confessed, his walls crumbling before Xiao Zhan.

In that moment, Xiao Zhan saw the vulnerability in Yibo's eyes, a flicker of the man he once knew. As much as his heart ached, he understood that love could be both beautiful and painful.

With a heavy heart, Xiao Zhan turned away, leaving Yibo standing there, their paths diverging once again.

As time passed, Xiao Zhan began to rebuild his life, piece by piece. The love he once had for Yibo left an indelible mark, but he knew he had to move forward.

In the end, Yibo's decision to love someone else haunted him, leaving him with a profound understanding of the cost of love. And though they walked separate paths, the memories they shared would forever linger as fragments of a heart that once beat as one.
Hope that you loved it.
Quite short chapter I know but I am trying to get the hang of it.