Chapter 10 - Together 🌶️

Track to this chapter is:
Mesytara - Lamis Kan

After another day spent at the beach Mia felt surprisingly refreshed. No phone, no laptop, no mindless chatter, just her and the water in a meditative state. She worked out, took a nap right on the sand and read a little more.

She also spent a lot of time thinking about her situation with Kirill. She had correctly guessed that he was deeply entrenched in a world of crime. She knew nothing about that world because she was an A student and always pursued a clean lifestyle.

She never had any friends who did anything remotely illegal, she never did any drugs besides a few puffs of weed in university and had never been close to a weapon.

She pondered what she should do and what her life would be like once she left this paradise. She wasn't even sure why she was here but she had a hunch. It couldn't be all that simple, could it? Did he just bring her here to enjoy a few beach days all by herself?

He definitely wanted more. And yet, the entire time they've been on the island, he never made any moves, he never hinted at anything, nothing like the scene he made back in New York. In fact he was a complete gentleman, he treated her so well and gave her all the space she wanted.

She explored why she felt what she did for him. Losing track of what day it was, she calculated she'd probably only known him for a week.

How was it possible to feel such deep feelings for basically a stranger and a criminal, on top of it. Maybe he was tricking her, maybe he was using her, maybe this was all just a fun game for him.

She considered it since his lifestyle evidently allowed him to get anything he wanted so now he might have turned to ruining people's lives for fun instead of within the constraints of his work.

Again she came to the conclusion that it couldn't have been that. She realized he had probably moved countries to be closer to her and learned a new language.

He had been very careful with her, protecting her and treating her very well even though he had issues with asking politely. Lastly, it seemed that he had spent the last ten years thinking about her.

She had made the decision, and she would act on it.

In the evening, Kirill came back and they had a quiet dinner together at the kitchen island with the chef preparing them a lavish meal. For the first time they chatted more or less normally.

They did not bring up their past but spoke about politics, the island, music, and books. Mia was surprised at how well read and educated he was. He knew history and literature and he had strong opinions about what was right and wrong. Again, she was amused how he held such strong convictions considering his lifestyle.

"Thank you, Kirill, for dinner. I guess I can thank you even though you brought me here against my will." She said after he poured her another glass of wine. The chef was gone, and they were alone.

He let out a small chuckle. "I suspect not totally against your will. You seem to be enjoying it."

He was sitting on the large sofa looking at her stand by the window. She turned around to face him and took her time walking over to him. To his great surprise she took his glass out of his hand and set it on the table.

She was nervous thinking about what she was about to do but at the same time, she had already made the decision and her desire for him could not fight with her logical thoughts anymore.

She moved her dress out of the way and sat down straddling him. Kirill was taken aback, his eyes wide, he couldn't believe what she just did. He held his hands close to her waist not daring to touch her.