Pilot

Avery woke up just as the bus announced their arrival in Boston. She glanced over at Henry as he closed his book.

An old woman smiled at Henry. "That a good book?"

"This?" Henry voiced as he placed the book in his bag. "It's more than just a book,"

Avery chuckled as she ruffled Henry's hair, wishing she held his same imagination. "Come on, kid. This is our stop,"

Henry followed Avery off the bus, and the duo walked over to a taxi cab.

Avery knocked on the window to get the driver's attention. "Do you take credit cards?"

"Where to, chief?" The Driver asked.

Avery glanced down at Henry.

***

Avery and Henry stopped in front of a door with scripture all over it.

Henry paused as he stared at the door, his hand frozen from ringing the bell.

"Henry, we came all this way. And I really don't want to tell my dad that the reason we took a joyride out of Storybrooke was for nothing,"

Henry took a deep breath and pushed the doorbell.

The door was opened by a blonde woman wearing a red dress.

The woman looked at them, confused. "Uh...can I help you?"

"Are you Emma Swan?" Henry asked.

"Yeah. Who are you?"

"My name's Henry. I'm your son,"

Avery hit her head against the wall, remembering how many times she had told the boy to go slow with the information and what does he do as soon as he saw the woman... blurts out that he was her son.

Henry moved under Emma's arm and entered her apartment.

"Henry!" Avery exclaimed.

"Whoa! Hey, kid? Kid? Kid?" Emma called out after Henry before turning towards Avery.

Avery held up her arms. "I give up on him,"

"You gonna tell me you're my kid, too?"

Avery scoffed. "I happen to like my current family. So I don't have a reason to be digging in my past,"

"You're one of the lucky ones then," Emma waved Avery into her apartment, where she faced Henry. "I don't have a son." She looked over at Avery. "Where are your parents?"

"Oh, we're not siblings," Avery reasoned. "I'm just here because he blackmailed me,"

"Ten years ago, did you give up a baby for adoption?" Henry interrupted.

Emma froze.

"That was me,"

"Give me a minute," Emma rushed into the bathroom.

Avery glared over at Henry. "Do you remember our talk?"

"Yeah..." Henry claimed.

"Really, 'cause it seems like you didn't. Because you freaked her out! I told you to go slow,"

Henry ignored Avery's rant and opened up the fridge. "You have any juice? Never mind. Found some,"

Avery rolled her eyes and found a cup in a cabinet. She took the container of juice from Henry and poured some of the liquid into the cup before he drank from the container. She glanced over when Emma walked back into the room. "We should probably get going,"

"Going where?" Emma asked.

"I want you to come home with me," Henry told Emma.

"Okay, kids. I'm calling the cops,"

"Then I'll tell them you kidnapped me," Henry said, not budging from Avery's tug on his arm.

"They'll believe you because I'm your birth mother,"

"Yep,"

"You're not gonna do that,"

"Try me,"

"You're pretty good. But here's the thing. There's not a lot I'm great at in life. I have one skill. Let's call it a superpower. I can tell when anyone is lying. And you, kid, are,"

"Wait." Avery pleaded, "Please don't call the cops. Please,"

"Come home with me," Henry said.

"Where's home?" Emma sighed in defeat.

"Storybrooke, Maine," Avery replied.

"Storybrooke? Seriously?"

"Mmm-hmm," Henry nodded.

"All righty then. Let's get you back to Storybrooke,"